"Sweetie, what have I told you... you don't have to thank me, I'm just helping out my favourite grandson and my favourite daughter."

"Mom... we're your only grandson and daughter." I told her, laughing at her "excuse" for why she spoils both Elliot and I. She just shook her head and laughed as well before going to put away more groceries. I helped by pulling things out of the bagged passing them to her as a way of helping her out even though what she does for me is a million times more significant.

"Jessica, have you thought about what you're going to do when you brother and Parker come home?" That is the same that I've been thinking about since I was told of the news and still I was conflicted.

"Well, I just don't know how to tell them. You and dad along with Parker's family all know that Parker is the father but telling that to Daniel and Parker, I just, I don't know how they'll react. I'm keep thinking of the worst scenarios and how maybe Daniel will hate me forever or Elliot will grow up without father because Parker wants nothing to do with me. Mom, I'm so confused and I don't know what to do." By now I was freaking out with all of the "worsts" that could happen. Instantly Mom wrapped me up in a hug and let me be wrapped up in her comfort which is exactly what I needed.

"How about we go into the living room to talk and Elliot can rest a little bit with grandma, alright?" I nodded and followed silently toward the living room, the place where Daniel, Parker, and I would create amazing forts when we were smaller and even as we were teenagers, that seems like forever ago. Once we were sitting down and Elliot was with my mom, I broke down in tears because I didn't know what else to do.

"Jess, tell me what's really bothering you about all of this." Mom said sweetly.

"I'm scared. Scared of what Daniel will say about me being a mother and Parker's reaction to that as well. But then there's also the news that it's not just some random guy but that Parker's the father. I don't think I could handle that, Daniel will lose it and I don't Parker wants to stick around because he's had plans of going to college and doing something with his life, none of those plans were to be a parent so young. Mom, I'm lost and I don't know what to do." I said through tears and snot, definitely not the most attractive sight.

"Honey, it'll be okay, I'm sure that everything will work out. I can't imagine what's going through your head right now and I don't know how I can help you other than being here to support you to make whatever decision you think is best for everybody, meaning do what you think is best for you, Elliot, and Parker. Your brother is the least of your worries when it comes to priorities. I just want you to do what's best for Elliot and I want you to happy with your decision. Your dad, Cathleen, and I will all be here to support you with whatever you choose and we'll try as best we can to help you." I nodded absentmindedly along to what my mom was telling me. I tried my best to smile when she finished, I just wish that this would all be over with soon and we could all end up happy.

~

At three a.m. my usual alarm of Elliot's wailing echoed its way through my bedroom where Eli's crib temporarily resided. Once I finished feeding him and he was back asleep, I struggled to go back to sleep, my mind was racing. Sneaking over to my bookshelf I decided to finally read over Parker's sealed letters that he'd sent me during my period of silence. Cautiously I grabbed the first one that my hands could find, turning on my lamp I started to glance over some of his messily sprawled out handwriting.

June 16th

Dear Jess,

You'll never believe it! We're being released, we're coming home for good. I can't wait to see you. I love you so much and I know you haven't been writing me lately but if you read this just know that I love you. I know we never properly said that to each other or that we were never open about our relationship with our families but when I come home I really want to start over, if you haven't found another guy to sweep you off your feet. I want to ask you out on a proper date where we don't have to sneak around and I want to come to your house to see you without the excuse of seeing your brother. I want us to be a proper couple, no more sneaking around or secrets.

I love you, Jessica!

I'll see you soon.

Love Parker xxxx

That letter was from about a month ago and if anything it confused me more. I was probably just over thinking this but maybe he'd only want to stick around for me not a family.

~*~*~*~*

Hey Guys!

So... two updates in one day! Anyways tell me what you think about this chapter and next chapter you'll see into Parker's POV of the beginning of Parker and Jessica's relationship!

See you soon!

bookworm

Discovering Jessicaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें