A Thing Called Life

Life.

That's the thing we are going through at this very moment.

It may not always go as planned, but we go along with it anyway.

We may not have thought of meeting a new person, but we go along with it anyway.

We may not have thought that new person would hurt us, but we go along with it anyway.

And we may not want for that person to pass away, but we go along with it anyway.

"Eren."

A soft whisper was heard from inside of the home where Mikasa carries on her life as a single mother of three children - well - three girls to be exact. Melissa, Hikari, and Violet.

The young woman sat in her room on the thing that used to be a bed that was shared between her ex-boyfriend and herself, but is now is only a bed left with many memories; the good and bad ones.

She sat there in the dim-lited room, looking at an old photo of her hugging and showing love to her ex.

Her ex named Eren Jaeger.

He was an abusive boyfriend, and thinking that Mikasa was only a girl that couldn't defend herself, he took advantage of her.

He may have been a nice, caring man on their first date, giving her compliments and gifts that satisfied her needs, taking care of the children as if they were his own, and being protective of her.

And let's just say that after the first date, he was a tad bit overprotective of her and her children.

Eren didn't let Mikasa leave the house after a certain time, he always made her stay around him at all times, and she had to delete all of her contacts from her phone so that he knew she wasn't cheating on her.

"Eren, why won't you let me live my life as I used to?
Why are you suddenly doing this?
What are you so afraid of!?"

The raven-haired woman yelled towards the brunette, even though yelling at him wouldn't make a difference. He'd continue to act as a maniac and keep her all to himself, locking her away from the outside world.

"I'm only doing this to keep you safe Mikasa." He then grabbed her by both of her dainty little wrists roughly, and pulled her close towards him, and looked at her shiver in fear. He loved when she acted as the prey. It made him feel powerful.

"And if you yell at me like that again, that'll be the last words you will ever say." She kept her head down, not wanting to look him in the eyes. "Mikasa." The way he said her name sounded venomous. Cautiously, the girl lifted her head to look at him, and even looking into his eyes seemed dangerous.

"I'm serious, don't raise your voice like that again. And if you do." he paused his sentence to grab her by the throat using both of his hands and pinning her against the wall. "I'll make sure that you'll regret it. And I don't want to do that to you, sweetheart." Mikasa blankly stared at Eren, not even attempting to get out of his grip.

"Are you even listening to me? I said-"

"I heard you."

He raised an eyebrow, wondering why she was talking back to him like this. "Well then. Why didn't you answer?" "I'll answer that question, once you put me down on the floor and let me go." He chuckled, which didn't happen often, and if so, it wasn't for a good reason. "Negotiating now, are we? Fine. I'll do as you say for now."

He slowly loosened his grip around her throat, and then she dropped to the floor. She started to cough, trying to catch her breath, then she got up onto her feet. "Even if I would've answered you, you wouldn't have liked the answer I would've given."

"Say it."

"Say what?"

"Say the answer you were going to give me, Mikasa." She took a couple steps forward, keeping her eyes on Eren. "What will you do if I don't?" He also took a few steps forward, keeping his eyes on Mikasa. Before he got a chance to say anything, she ran her slender fingers through his soft hair, then pulled him in for a kiss. He didn't expect for her to do that.

Actually, he didn't expect for her to do most of the things that she did, but she does them anyway. Eren gladly returned the kiss, picking her up and wrapping her legs around his waist. Mikasa wrapped her arms around his neck while deepening the kiss. Eren mentally smirked, seeing that she was finally going to give him what he wanted all along. A baby from her would mean the world to him.

Actually, no.
That wasn't going to happen.

Mikasa slowly reached for the knife that was hidden in her black boot, waiting for the right time to make her move. She kept kissing him for a moment, then released for air. "Eren, I wanted to give you a special present, but I don't think you'll like it." She let out a small sigh while staring into the eyes that she loved, yet hated so much. "A present coming from you will be a great one. Now what is it?"

Eren's eyes widened as he felt a sharp pain go through his back. Mikasa gave a small smile as she watched him fall down onto the wooden floor.
"This was my special present." She showed him the knife that she used to end this living nightmare of hers.

He made an attempt to get up off the floor and snatch the weapon out of her hand, but failed to do so. He coughed a bit before trying to speak. "Mikasa. W-why..." She bent down towards Eren so that she could give him one last message.

"I'll see you in hell, Eren."

And then she slit his throat, so that no other words were heard from him again. Her youngest daughter, Melissa came in the room and saw the corpse on the floor. "Did you get him to go away, Mommy?" She turned around and hugged her. "Yeah, he's gone for good now baby."

After looking at that photo for a while, it made her think about life itself once more.

It has cruel things to offer, but once you get through them, it's not so bad as it seems.

She took the photo out of the frame, inspecting it once more. She smiled, then grabbed a lighter to set the picture on fire. She watched as the flames tore apart the beautiful memory into ashes. Mikasa looked out the window, seeing that it was raining outside.

"The world is cruel, yet beautiful."

And then she left her room, leaving the memories of some her life behind.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I hope you liked this one shot that I made. I was thinking about turning this into a book, but I'm not so sure.
Feel free to leave comments & vote!
Thank you my little pandas~
-Destiny