Surviving Hogwarts!

Surviving Hogwarts

Prologue

My world came crashing down when I hears his next words.

"I hate you."

That's what he said.

My best friend stood next to me, silently crying for me while the guy I loved and love wrongly insulted me and told me he hated me.

Oh, well, it can't all be that bad, can it?

I was wrong.

It got so much worse.

Chapter One

((::Lauren Smith's POV::))

I stand by the train station, waving goodbye to my parents.

"Oi, watch it, will you?!"

I made a face as I backed into a rather large man with hardly any neck.

"S-sorry," I stuttered.

"Vernon, darling ignore her, let's go shall we?"

A horsey-faced woman put a hand on the man's arm.

The man grunted and followed her.

"Charming fellow," I muttered to myself.

"Yes, quite! I live with him!"

A boy with jet-black unruly hair with almond green eyes grinned at me and then disappeared into the hustle and bustle of the crowd.

I smiled to myself and shook my head a little.

Suddenly, a family with bright fiery ginger hair, very much like mine, were making their way over to-what it looked like-me, with their eyes wide.

"Ginny! Ginny! We thought we'd lost you!" they all cried at once while gathering round me.

I just stood awkwardly, really wishing I was somewhere else.

The lady with frizzy orange hair kept fussing around me. I finally spoke.

"Um, I'm not, uh, Ginny. My name's Lauren, Lauren Smith..."

Everyone's faces were looks of realization. Two identical looking boys (with Ginger hair, obviously!) suddenly started laughing and everyone else soon joined in.

"Oops, I'm very sorry, my dear," the lady said.

She looked as if she wanted to say something else but a guy with round glasses urged her to find 'Ginny'. So they all hurried off, still moving in one big crowd. The two identical boys looked back at me and winked. So I stuck my tongue out at them. Childish, I know but I couldn't resist it.

"All aboard!"

I looked round, startled to find that everyone had boarded the train. I grabbed my luggage and hopped onto the train to find a compartment. I walked down the narrow corridor until I came to a compartment with only one boy in. I slid the door open and slipped inside.

"Um, hi can I sit here?" I asked tentatively.

The blonde-haired boy raised his eyebrows.

"Pureblood, Halfblood or Mudblood?" he inquired, lazily stretching out on the seat.

"What in the name of chocolate-ninja-butt-kicking-goodness are you talking about?" I burst out.

He blinked furtively at me, clearly flabbergasted.

"What did you say?"

I blushed. My cheeks went a warm red and my nostrils flared. I hope he didn't notice!

"I...I...I have a bad case of word vomit!" I briefed out.

He raised his eyebrows. Again.

"If you have a bad case of 'word vomit' then I'm Edward Cullen, the stupid, sensitive, sparkly vampire."

I glared at him, venomously. No one and I mean no one dissed Edward and gets away with it...anymore. My old best friend loves Eddy and since I never stuck up for her before I did it now. The blonde dude held up his hands when he saw my look.

"Okay...well, it was nice talking to you. It sounds like your word vomit disease-syndrome-itis-thing is painful. Malfoy is out! Peace!"

He skedaddled as I rose off my seat...what? I was only getting down my money to buy some 'chocolate frogs' and 'liqorice wands'!

Ha! Scared much?

"Oh, just ignore him!" said a tall girl, who was standing in the doorway. "People like him give purebloods a bad name. I think his name's Draco Malfoy, Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy's son?"

Hmm, Draco Malfoy-I'll have to remember that.

The girl asked me if she could sit opposite me and I nodded. She sat down.

She had curly black hair down to her elbows with weird greeny blue eyes with a ring of gold around the pupil. She looked a lot like my old best friend...Oh. My. Chocolate. Fudging. Ninja. Butt-kicking. God.

The girl's eyes lit up too when she realized who I was.

"Holy cow!"

"Holy Merlin's baggy Y-Fronts!"

"Lauren Smith?"

"Annika Saghir?"

"It's been-"

"Ages," I finished. "I know, right?"

Annika nodded, bouncing in her seat.

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Still the same crazy and over-energetic Annika I see."

She looked at me for a moment then replied, "Still the same freaky obsessed Ginger ninja, I see!"

We burst out laughing and shook our heads at each other.

"Oh my chocolate fudging ninja butt-kicking god!" We chorused together.

Just then the door opened to reveal a girl with messy dark blonde hair-that was tied into a messy bun on top of her head by a luminous pink shoelace- and blue eyes that were obscured by a rather large shocking pink and yellow suitcase that was unceremonily shoved overhead onto the rack.

The girl finally turned to notice us and her mouth turned into an 'O'. The girl started to speak.

"My name's Katherine Hobbs, but you can call me Kat or Katie but DON'T call me Kathy because it makes my name sound like Café and I don't like tea or coffee...oops I'm rambling again, aren't I ? Sorry, sorry who are you?"

I looked at Annika to see her reaction and saw that her face showed shock, disbelief and a hint of amusement exactly what I was feeling.

Annika got over the shock quickly and replied to the girl's question.

"Well my name's Annika and this Ginger ninja is Lauren, my best friend."

Katie/Kat/Not Kathy beamed at the words 'ginger ninja'.

"A Ginger ninja? Really?! Oh my god!!! I've never met one before! Although apparently a lot of people in Ireland are naturally born ginger! Imagine that! And can you believe that people PRETEND to be Ginger ninjas?!?"

My eyebrows raised and I was completely befuddled. I guess we had already made friends with a crazy person...not that we weren't all crazy anyway...

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N- Okay so it is finally UP!!!! I would really appreciate it if you would:

VOTE for me!!!

COMMENT if you can give me any tips to improve it or COMMENT to tell me the good parts!

Only FAN if you like my book(s) and of course if you know me!

Song of the chapter: Fifteen by Taylor Swift!

PS Ha-D-Ha Are you stalking my profile....?!?