“Of course, Ma’am. I’ll take care of him right away.”

Maura nodded. Her mind was starting to become clear again and she could think properly. Maura turned on her heel and left the room, heading for her bed chamber. She walked fast, ignoring the looks from her other ‘employees’. She laughed at that thought, knowing it was entirely different. Maura seemed like the boss to everyone around her, but she knew differently. To think, she was considered the major threat. She laughed at that thought too. If only they knew….

Down the hall was nothing but a cement brick wall, cold and damp. Maura placed her hands on the walls. Her touch brought forth the sound of moving rock, and a breeze sound. Manifesting in front of her was a large wooden door, with a marble stone arch. Carved into the marble stone were intricate designs that looked lovely. Maura opened the doors and entered her room, and sprawled herself onto the bed. It was so cushiony and warm, as if someone had been laying on it just a moment before.

Not tired enough to take a nap, Maura stood and walked into her petite bathroom. She gazed at herself in the round mirror on the wall. She looked different. She felt different. Her hair was long and tangled, uneven at the tips and looked greasy. Her eyes, which were once a vibrant blue, were now dull, like the color of faded jeans. The edges of her iris were black with little roots extending further into the iris towards her pupil. She looked younger than her actual age, which was 24.

Suddenly, Maura felt alert and cautious. The thing inside of her sensed something or someone else in her room. It didn’t feel threatening, but you can never be too sure. She walked out of her bathroom and saw a tan, blonde man sitting on her bed facing her. He was handsome with green eyes that were also rimmed with black. He had full pink lips and perfect white teeth. He looked like a model.

“You scared me, Ian.” Maura said with a smile. Ian stood and placed his hands on her hips while Maura wrapped her arms around his neck. He lowered his head until his lips were brushing lightly against her ear.

“Sorry,” he breathed into her ear with hot breath. They both smiled and looked into each other’s messed up eyes.

“Do you have any idea what’s happening, Ian?” Maura asked.

“Not the slightest idea.” He said, his smile faltering. He brushed some of Maura’s dark hair out of her face. “Do you?”

“No…” Maura wanted to say more but decided not to go on about it. Instead she kissed him lightly and pulled out of the embrace. “I need to go and see to the refugees the General just captured.”

“Okay, I’ll see you later?”

“Of course.” Maura smiled at him and with a peck on his lips, left the room.

************************************************************************

“WAKE UP!” the guard yelled as he kicked Caleb’s boot. Caleb blinked his eyes a few times then sat up slowly. He patted Scottie on the back until the ten year old boy woke up. The guard yanked on the chains that connected everyone together, pulling the refugees out one by one. The wagon was always covered with black tarp which kept sunlight out, so when Caleb left the wagon, his eyes were not used to the light. He blinked and kept his head down so the sun wouldn’t be in his eyes.

Once the sunlight no longer blinded him, he took a good look at his surroundings. One of refugees was a girl his age with short blonde hair and grubby skin. Her clothes were torn at the sleeves and her jeans were rolled up a bit. Her blonde hair looked like a rats nest in the back. There was also a young couple who never stopped looking at each other. The woman was pretty, with long brown hair pulled into a braid and blue eyes that were like the sky. The man Caleb presumed to be her husband, had brown hair too and dark chocolate eyes. He was a muscular guy but looked like the type who didn’t have much brains. Emma, who was chained right in front of him, was in her late twenties. Her unkempt platinum hair was shoulder length and needed a good trimming. Scottie had the same hair as his mother, but his eyes were a bit bluer. He had her lightly freckled cheeks too. Caleb could also see some of Joseph’s features in Scottie. Such as his nose and jaw and his heart shaped face.

Once Caleb finished examining his fellow refugees, he examined his surroundings. They were in a small parking lot, with woods surrounding it. A fence with barbed wire lining the top surrounded the building they were about to enter. A prison. The walls were a plain egg shell color and had cracks everywhere. Vines crawled up the walls and some windows were boarded up. To even fit the stereo-type, turkey-vultures and hawks circled the building, seriously. It was like the birds knew this place was a hell hole and decided they wanted to circle it to complete the look.

The scouts leaded the refugees into the large prison, anxious to see what was in store for them. Caleb was anxious too, thinking back to what the General said about Maura having something planned for them. The only thing that Caleb knew was that it wasn’t going to be good.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N~ okay so this was just a filler basically... the next one is gonna be better, i promise! also, i'm gonna try writing my next chapter in a character's point of view instead of this third person stuff... so just making u guys aware :) Next upload should be later today if im lucky!!! I really really want to hear what u guys have to say about. Also, i dont like the name of my story so give me some recommendations if you want :) k bye