Loser.

Lonny was seated - more like half-in-half-falling-out of his chair in the office of The Bourbon Room, feet on top of his boss's desk, giving him a slumped appearance.
The boss himself was glaring at Lonny's sneakers, as they were a bit too close to his paperwork for his liking.

"Lonny. Move your feet."

"Make me, Dennis," came the sultry voice, laced with a British accent.
Dennis rolled his eyes, forcefully pushing his manager's legs off his desk.
Lonny put them back up.
Dennis groaned.

"Denbo. I'm bored."

"We've gone over this before. Don't call me Denbo."

"That's not fair. Stacee calls you Denbo."

"It's perfectly fair. The difference is that I can't knock out Stacee motherfuckin' Jaxx."

Lonny scoffed, pretending to be hurt.
"But you would lay a finger on this dear face of mine?" He chuckled.
Dennis didn't reply, as Lonny already knew the answer was 'no'.
"The point was that I'm bored."

"I told you before, there's always stuff to do."

"What about playing a game?"

"Lonny, the only people willing to play games with you that have enough energy are six years old."

"Well, what about a board game?" Lonny ran a hand up the side of his thigh, absentmindedly playing with the seaming on his tight jeans. Again, Dennis didn't say anything.
Lonny twirled some of his long, curly hair around his first finger.
"I wanna play with that old checkers set we found in the basement."

"Lonny, I told you a million times. I'm busy, and so are you- at least, you should be."

"C'mon Dennis, just one game! Tell ya what: if I lose, I'll buy you a drink."

"I own the fucking bar, Lonny."

The next words came out a bit quicker and a lot less wittier than Lonny had originally intended.
"Fine, then! If I lose, I have to kiss you!"

That caught Dennis's attention. Raising an eyebrow, he looked up to the other man.
"Would that really be considered losing, Barnett?"

Lonny blushed intensely. Fuck.
"I-I dunno, depends how you look at it, I g-guess..."
His normally confident voice trailed off.

Dennis loved how he could make Lonny speechless. It was an art only few could master...and by few, it was only him.
Dennis set his paperwork down, spinning around in his seat to face Lonny.

Dennis had an effect on Lonny that no one else had. Lonny himself often worried about his feelings for Dennis and how well he was keeping them contained; yet at times it seemed Dennis wanted him to do all the opposite.
"Why are ya lookin' at me like that?"

"Because I know you don't think that's losing. Why would you lose if it was a prize instead of a punishment?"
Dennis smirked, hoping he hadn't gone too far.

"I-. Okay, fine. We can play like that."

"Like what?"

"Like checkers!" Lonny exclaimed, suddenly whipping out the old box from under the desk and tossing it at Dennis with a playful grin. He scooted his chair to the other side of the desk, eagerly facing Dennis.
"Win or lose, prize or punishment, I don't care. I just wanna do something that's not paperwork. It's so un-rock-'n'-roll." Lonny laughed.

Dennis groaned. He had lost the battle now, and honestly, the appeal of playing a game to take his mind off of work intrigued him.
"Alright, fine. You can go first."

Lonny almost squealed in excitement, setting up the board quickly and a bit messily. Dennis fixed some of his game pieces that weren't perfectly aligned.

As they scooted their pieces across the board, Dennis's thoughts began to wander - wander to strange places. Like how nice Lonny's hair looked, or how pretty his hands were. They seemed easy to hold. He found his eyes resting on the hand Lonny wasn't using for the game. If he just reached out, a little bit, and laced their fingers together-

Lonny gave Dennis's hand a little squeeze as he jumped over a piece and claimed another of Dennis's checkers as his. The mullet-headed man frowned as he realized he was losing.
"Den? Whatcha doin'?"

Dennis couldn't answer the question because he didn't know himself. All he could think about was how nicely Lonny's hand fit inside his own. Dennis sighed softly, smiling to himself.

The game continued, just a little more romantic than before.

Lonny was losing miserably, and he couldn't tell if he was doing it purposely or not.
He crossed his legs under the table, feeling the blush spread across his cheeks as Dennis squeezed his hand.

Dennis jumped a checker, sliding Lonny's last piece off the board with one finger.
"I win."

Lonny smirked.

Dennis chuckled, fingers still entangled with the other man's.

"I guess I have to finish what I started." Lonny rolled his eyes sarcastically, leaning over the table and pressing his lips to Dennis's softly.

Dennis closed his eyes, letting his free hand work its way into Lonny's messy hair as he kissed back, a smile starting to part his lips.

Lonny broke off the kiss, taking in a deep breath immediately after.
"That was nice."

"Wasn't much of a punishment, huh?" Dennis laughed, both hands now cradling Lonny's face.

Lonny gently moved Dennis's hands, crawling over the desk and sliding into his boss's lap.
"I could arrange a more fitting punishment if you wanted it, Den."

Dennis laughed, settling his hands around Lonny's waist.

The two had always been flirty with each other, but it was now obvious there was something they had both been hiding from the other.

"Maybe later, Lon. Right now, I'm gonna relish in my victory."

"I love you." Lonny whispered suddenly, his lips grazing hotly against Dennis's ear.

Dennis felt his face grow warm, but he grinned stupidly and held Lonny against him a little tighter.
"I love you, too."

There were a few moments of silence, the two men just enjoying the warmth the other shared.
The few moments turned into a few minutes.

Lonny's sweet voice shattered the beautiful silence into tiny shards.

"Rematch?"