Chapter 4: The Journey to Ardaga

Madosa felt a burning sensation, and shrieked angrily. As suddenly as the sensation appeared, it disappeared.

What on Trell was that?! she panicked.

A young Skell stood before her. She knew he was a youngling because he was made of young bones free of wear, tear, corrosion, ect.

He gave her a questioning look. "Are you going to challenge me to battle? I'm kind of busy at the moment."

"I will require your assistence, so yes, let us duel." She grinned menacingly.

He was grouchy, but accommodating. He threw her an old dagger he had sheathed at his hip. "Here, don't expect me to hold back on you just because you're a female, though."

She took the dagger gratefully, and took her position, as did he.

She waited until he marked the start of battle, and then for his lunge she knew was coming, and upended the gleaming sword from his grip. She then knocked him to the ground for good measure and held the dagger to the place where his throat might have been if he had had one.

"Okay, okay, you win.." he muttered. He seemed a little disappointed, but he didn't seem too surprised.

"What do you need?" he asked, slightly wincing.

"I need supplies. Armor, the best weapon you can get your claws on, a map that will lead me to Ardaga and a pack kind of like that." She pointed to a large human skin pack not far from his camp.

"and I would also like to know what that light was.."

He stood up and walked to his camp. He began rumbling through some things in an old ornate chest. Pulling out some armor, and a good-sized, well balanced sword, he handed the items to her. Then he picked up a pack from under his bed.

"That light was from a human lighthouse. A Life Mage lives there, or so they say. There are rumors that the light is to protect Fleshlings from Skell, and that the closer you get, the more painful and potentially dangerous that light will become."

"How far are we from Ardaga right now?" she asked fearfully.

"Oh yeah, you also asked for a map." He pulled out a long wooden tube and pulled out a map yellowed with age. "Six month's of walking, and you'll reach the harbor that will take you to the Lifelands." He handed the map and pack to her reluctantly.

"Their light reaches pretty far considering it is 6 months of walking away.." She observed grimly.

He nodded to her, done speaking.

She started her long and treturous trek to the Sea of Adalie.