~    ~    ~    ~    ~

One by one, the wedding attendees stumble drunkly to their respective partners, gathering their things. Cabs roll in one after the other to take them to their homes, for everyone is far too drunk to drive home. My mom had called the cab company to tell them to keep them coming for the next hour. 

Tierney, Shay and I watch it all decline to an end from the bar. Tierney is complaining about one of the groomsmen who she swore was making eyes at her all night goes home with another man. Shay goes off on his bragging rights for at the beginning of the night he had called that. He holds the napkin with the guys number on it as proof. 

The rest of the staff starts to clear out as the tables begin to disappear, being loaded into my parents moving truck. My feet ache as I slip out of my heels, regretting them, as I do every wedding. I keep thinking I'll eventually build up a tolerance, but perhaps my wide, flat-footed self just isn't destined to be wearing heels. 

"Well I know, but we don't have to decide today," My dad shakes his head as he and my mom approach the bar, looking just as exhausted as the rest of us. 

"Don't have to decide what?" I ask, eyeing them curiously.

The band finally begins packing up their instruments, letting the final people left loitering around the venue to know that it's time to leave. A few drunk people shout at them to keep playing, so my father rushes over to help usher them to the taxis. 

"I got a text from Maura Horan," My mom says, taking a seat next to me at the bar.

I glance toward Shay, sensing his irritation. This wasn't uncommon, Maura and my mum have been friends since before I was born. They continue to get lunch at least once a month. That doesn't mean it's any less frustrating. She can continue to keep in touch with the Horans, it doesn't mean I have to. 

"She asked if I had an opening for next month for a wedding for one of Niall's bandmates. She said that they want to have a very private ceremony and are having a  hard time finding a wedding planner they can trust."

My eyes open wide as my head whips to look at Shay once more, our irritation now changing to looks of utter shock. My mouth hangs open as I sit there, frozen. 

"You- you're not going to say yes, are you?" I splutter, feeling a heat rising in my chest. 

My mum looks up at me over her glasses, her eyebrows pulled together in confusion. I don't even attempt to hide my feelings over the matter. 

"You know how crazy the media is over that boyband," Shay speaks up, his tone harsh and cold, not a tone he uses with my mum often, "It's going to be such a pain in the ass."

Tierney looks completely confused, her gaze switching between Shay and I. I avoid looking her in the eyes, not wanting to deal with the thousand questions she has, no doubt. 

"I don't know what you two are going on about," My mum eyes us curiously, "But I already told Maura I would. She's been a good friend of mine since before you were born, I'm not going to say no. You and your father need to settle down about it," She rolls her eyes before heading toward the moving truck. 

As I watch her walk away, my entire body tenses. I'm stuck between wanting to cry and to scream. Instead I turn around to look at Shay in disbelief. He grips a bottle of whiskey tightly in his grip, his jaw clenched. 

"Um, I'll go help your mum," Tierney excuses herself from the conversation, clearly sensing the tension radiating off of the two of us. 

Shay and I fall silent, our minds reeling with the news. If my folks are helping with Louis's wedding, does that mean Niall's coming back? 

"That wanker thinks he can just show his face around here after six years," Shay spits, running his fingers through his long hair, a habit of his when he's angry. Knowing how Shay gets when he's pissed, this is usually where I step in and calm him down.

Not this time.

With an angry shout, I hop off of the tall bar stool, throwing one of my heels as hard as I can, nearly missing a headlight of the moving truck. 

"Of fucking course he would have his mum ask mine, because Niall can do no wrong. He doesn't give a shit about anyone else!"

As my arm pulls back to throw the other shoe, Shay hops over the bar top, grabbing it before it takes someone out. 

"Let's go," He wraps an arm around my waist, his jaw clenched, nearly mirroring mine. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

an: hello! hi everyone! here's the usual: a shitty apology for taking so long to update! but on the plus side, it's summer which means i will have infinitely more time to update! <3 

anywho, here's our new main character: augustine! she's a spitfire, so i hope you all enjoy her! i wanted to write a potty-mouthed irish gal for niall lol. i have the beautiful alia shawkat playing her, and i'm obsessed with her so if u dare say anything mean about her, byeeee. 

let me know what you think so far! i know not much has happened, and it may be a bit confusing but don't worry, so much drama and flashbacks are on their way!

OH. AND IN SIX DAYS I'M SEEING BEYONCE IN CONCERT SO RIP ME. AND THEN TWO DAYS LATER I'M SEEING THE 1975 SO LIKE REALLY RIP ME.

i love and miss u all, so pls talk to me! let me know what you think of this chapter, or just update me on ur life!

love always,

perksofbeingaweirdo

[ps. my tumblr is forziamforeverago.tumblr.com if u want to give me a follow there and see me freak out over ziam lol]