Chapter 10

Hi guys!!!!!! ;) So I'm back and camp was great. Interesting chapter coming up..........

Had a bit of a writer's block (deleted a few attempts) so any ideas would be appreciated ;) Oh and I went through and did a bit of editing as well and added songs and pics on the side so check them out ;) (pic of Emma on Chapter 6) SO SORRY ABOUT THE LONG WAIT :P

BTW: Emma has not much in relation to me (especially family wise) so don't assume stuff ;P.....and if you haven't seen Nemo for a while then CHECK IT OUT!! Trailer on the side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(I still love it even though I'm not a kid ;))

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 "Ugh." I groaned into my pillow. I closed the white lid of my laptop, finally acknowledging that my search was fruitless. Janett Winters apparently didn't exist. But how? I mean I had scrolled through endless amounts of online libraries but none had any record of her. Surely the owner/ buyer of the book must have purchased it.

"Hello! I'm hoooome!" Ny mother's voice shouted through the house. Even upstairs, I could still hear the conversation she had with my dad. My mum is one of those people who can't talk normally. Everything has to be shouted which, in the course of my life, has lead to many embarrassing occasions.

"Darling, are you going to collect the boy from cub camp?"

"No honey; I thought you were?" My dad replied, noticeably quieter than my mum.

"Well you need to leave now." My mum said, ignoring his comment.

"Can't you?" My dad questioned. "I've had a bit of a week what with the police and everything."

"The police?" My mum queried.

"Yeah, Emma and I ran into a little incident, I'll tell you about it later but I need to go and lie down for a few minutes."

"Ok, well I'll go and get him then and I want a full story when I get back."

"You'll get one dear and thank you!" My dad breathed, relieved.

"Aw no problem darling, come hear."

I hurriedly shoved my earphones in to block out their kissing noises. But they couldn't block out the slam of the door, thus I knew it was safe to come out and my mum had gone. I felt really tired all of a sudden. I guess the events had finally caught me up and I didn't feel numb anymore. I decided to take a shower then snuggle up in front of a film.

"Dad," I called downstairs.

"Yes honey? Oh and don't shout across the house come down if you want to talk to me."

"Ugh." I stomped downstairs to find my dad in the kitchen loading the final few plates into the dish-washer. "Um I'm going to take a shower, then do you want to watch a film with me?" I asked.

"Sure. I think Top Gear will be on then!" He said with a knowing smirk. He knew how much I couldn't stand that program. I mean who would want to listen to men talk about cars? You drive them and they get you to places. that's all you need to know about them.

"Yeah right," I said "Well luckily for you Street Dance 2 is also on and that is w-a-y more interesting. Or how about we call it quits and watching Nemo?" I mean who could not want to watch that amazing film? I mean you had to have a yearly experience of it.

"Huh," He scoffed. "That film's for young people."

I feigned hurt, my hand clutching my heart. "How dare you insult Nemo so?" I gasped.

"Easy" came the reply.

"Well we'll see about that." I stated before marching out the door.

15 minutes later........

My dad was grinning like a Cheshire cat. Marlin (Nemo's dad) was telling a joke that I didn't understand (and neither did the fish in the film) but my dad thought it was hilarious. As you can guess, I'm won the argument about Nemo and Street Dance 2 was on record! Haha!

"Shush dad," I commanded. "This is a tense bit; the whole film is based on it."

My dad grinned amusedly at my  obsession but I didn't care - hey it's Nemo!

I fell asleep soon after and I was half awake when my dad carried me up to my room. I could hear him panting but it was fun being carried; I hadn't been lifted up in ages. I would leave it a bit before I 'woke up'. Suddenly, I felt myself being put down. I knew I wasn't in my bed because of the had ridges digging in my back.

The stairs.

I heard dad groaning at my weight and decided now would be a good time to 'wake up'. After years of practise, this was easy. You see I had to do it so he wouldn't know I've been awake all this time. Firstly, I fluttered open my eyes. Then I stretched, bringing my arms to the top of my head. Then in a low, groggy voice I asked my dad, who had his back turned.

"What's the time?"

"Oh, um" he said, looking extremely relieved and glancing at his watch. "Half past ten, darling I would head up now before your mother finds out. Speaking of that, she arrived while you were sleeping. Your brother's in bed and your mother claimed she felt tired so went to go and have a rest."

"Uh okay." I mumbled, heading up.

"Slipping under the covers, I suddenly felt a warm sensation next to me. A hot water bottle. I smiled at how sweet dad had been. I needed the warmth; it was heading on from August to September and the cold air just couldn't wait to come. Aaarr, warm covers, I smiled softly and before I knew it, I was asleep.

Pleeeeease VOTE COMMENT AND FAN Thank you ;)