XVI

I shuffle through my keys and unlock my apartment, walking in and dropping my bags. My body leans back against the door and I grab my phone, dialing my aunt's number.

"Hey, baby girl," she says, and I completely break down.

"I want to come home," I cry, her voice consoling me.

"Lucy, baby, what happened?" she asks. "Did Harry and you..."

"No. H-Harry has nothing to do with this," I say, wiping my cheek. It stings so much and I just want the pain to all go away. "His ex...cornered me. She hit me."

"Oh, Lucy. I've already sent Matt on his way."

I thank her and pack a bag to take to her house, a pounding on my door heard. When it opens, Matt wraps me in his arms and I hug him close.

"Oh, baby girl. Let me take you home," he says, my head nodding. But when I walk out and put my things in Matt's car, Harry's pulls into the lot. I tell Matt to wait and he nods, getting in and starting the car. Harry bolts towards me and I grab his hands.

"Where are you going? Why are you leaving?" he rushes, his frantic eyes searching my face. Then he notices the little scratches from Melissa's nails and cups my cheek.

"Who did this to you?" he whispers harshly, trying to stay calm when I've been hurt.

I stay silent, not wanting to start drama with Melissa. "I-I just need to go home for a while," I say, his hands holding my face.

"Lucy, who did this to you? Please," he says, my eyes filling with more tears.

"I-I don't want to tell you," I say, his eyebrows frowning.

"Why? Someone hurt you," he states and I just shake my head.

"Because I don't want to see you hurt anyone," I cry, his eyes softening. He just wraps his arms around me and hugs me close.

"Please, tell me you'll come back to me," he says, my lips kissing his neck.

"I will. I promise," I say, his hand entwining into my hair.

"Call me as much as you need. Even at three in the morning," he says, my lips curving.

I hug him one last time and he kisses me, letting me go. When I get into Matt's car, he drives away quickly.

"The circumstances aren't great but I get my cousin back," he grins, my lips curving over at him.

All I do is sit in silence, not really wanting to talk to anyone. I'm extremely hurt and feeing as though Melissa could ruin everything. She called me a whore who doesn't deserve Harry. I'm afraid to go to another party and have any confrontation with her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Matt asks, driving into the neighborhood my aunt lives in. I shake my head and get out once he's parked. My aunt rushes outside and hugs me close, my eyes closing as I cry.

"Let's get you inside, Lucy," she says, my head nodding.

We sit on the couch and she comforts me, my eyes puffy from crying. I hold an icepack to my cheek and Matt hugs me close to his body.

"Why did his ex corner you?" he asks, my aunt out of the room for a moment. I take a deep breath, not really wanting to explain this.

"I said stuff, admitted things, and she cussed me out. I-It hurts," I say, his arms holding me close.

"What did you admit? You barely speak as it is. You're the little shy girl," he smiles, brushing my hair back.

I look him in the eye and I fear his reaction, knowing he still sees me as the little girl I was when I came to live here.