Chapter Fifteen -- Misty

I'm far from basic... I'm nothing like your average chick.

-- Misty

I nudge my friend, LaShunta, in her side with my elbow before nodding my head towards Omanda's house. "Girl, look at 'dat shit."

I lift my cold cup of cherry Kool-Aid to my lips as we both watch a brown skinned nigga about medium height step into Omanda's momma yard like he pay the rent, the gas bill, AND the motherfuckin' light bill.

"Brown, I can explain," we hear her say from across the street as she put both of her hands up.

LaShunta laugh, "Ooooh, look like 'dat bitch finna get it!"

"She is!" Jasmine, the little neighborhood brat yelled out from her pink three wheeler as she pedaled down the side walk.

"What I told you 'bout being in grown folk business, girl!" LaShunta hollared after her. She shook her head, "Damn kids, but hell, she might be right tho'."

The nigga Omanda called Brown backed her into the house and slammed the door so loud, you would've heard it down at the stop sign.

"Damnnnnnn, fuck that was? Somebody shootin'?" Jamaar, LaShunta's on-and-off again ignorant-ass man asked while coming out of their two bedroom house.

"Nah, some nigga over there at Omanda's house slammed the door," I said. "'Dat nigga might finna whoop her ass."

Jamaar began walking off the porch, but stopped when LaShunta grabbed his arm. "Nigga, where you think you going?" She asked with a eyebrow raised.

Jamaar pointed across the street, "I'm finna go see what's up wit' 'dat nigga putting his hands on a female."

LaShunta looked like she's just seen Jesus die, be reborn, and die again. "You playin' right? You fuckin' her? Are you fucking that BITCH, Jamaar?!"

"Hell naw, girl," he denied. "Chill out wit' all 'dat, foreal. Don't you see Misty here?"

"Yeah," she nodded before throwing her hands on her slim hips, "And? So-fucking-what?"

"Then show some respect!" He yelled, going back into the house.

"Respect? Nigga, you don't know shit about respect..." LaShunta words drowned out as she followed Jamaar with the screen door slamming behind her.

I shook my head while taking the last sip from my Kool-Aid. Niggas are so stupid. Jamaar knew LaShunta will bust a blood vessel if he even ATTEMPT to look at another girl.

Those two are made for each other. As the saying goes, stupid is as stupid does, and both of they asses is stupid as hell -- literally.

As LaShunta and her man continue to argue in the house I began to think about my own man. If Griff ever tried some shit like that I would bitch-slap his ass.

'I bet he's in a bitch's face right now while you talkin' shit', a voice spoke in my head, 'he's with Jessi.'

"Nah, no he's not," my lips mumbled as I crossed my arms under my chest.

'He's making a fool out of you.'

'You're a dumb-ass bitch. You're just like your momma. Griff is going to do you the same way your daddy did her.'

I shook my head, swallowing my emotions. "I'm nothing like her."

'You're right -- you're worst.'

"Shut the hell up!" I yelled loudly, having enough, and banging my fist against my head.

I didn't even notice Jasmine on her bike on the sidewalk. She was looking at me bugged eyed. "Are you retarded?" She asked with seriousness written all over her chocolate colored face.

"My bad, girl," LaShunta came out of the house, "That nigga make me sick."

She looked at Jasmine who was still parked and looking at me like I just sprouted two heads. "Lil girl, why are you looking like that? Don't you know it's rude to stare?" -- she chuckled -- "What's wrong with you?"

Jasmine shook her head before putting her small feet on the pedals of her bike. "Nothin' wrong wit' me!" -- she pointed at me -- "She the one crazy!"

"Get yo' little ass out of here!" I yelled as she pedaled away at full speed.

LaShunta laughed. "That girl is somethin' else," -- she sat down beside me -- "Can you take me to JayMart right quick? Jamaar want spagetti tonight and I don't have no hamburger meat."

"I would, but I got to go pick up the twins from my grandma's house," I lied while standing up from the plastic chair I was sitting in on the porch.

LaShunta looked bombed. "Well, alright. Call me later, girl."

"I will," I promised as I got into my 2012 Chevy Impala.

***

When I pulled into Richmond the only thing that was on my mind was Griff and that sneaky-ass bitch Jessi, but what I ran into was way more than I bargained for and the two being together slipped my mind.

It was like a big-ass meeting in the curve of the park, and everybody was surrounding a shiny red Chevy on 24's -- Dre's car. Nosey-as-hell is my middle name, so I wasted no time getting out of my car and making my way through the group to see what the hell was going on.

"I'ma kill 'dat nigga, cuz!" Dre yelled out while punching a fist into a opened hand and pacing the limited space in the circle of people. "I don't play about my fuckin' money!"

I spotted Griff at the end of the Chevy and went over to him. From the look on his face I could tell he was enjoying the whole thing.

"What's goin' on, Griff? The hell Dre trippin' off of?" I asked.

"What's up, baby?" He hugged me. "Where the boys at?"

"Calm down, bruh. 'Dat nigga Brown gon' come back around," a over weight dude spoke out.

Dre yelled out, "FUCK 'DAT! Brown got me fucked up! I'm Dre, I'm 'dat nigga. Get 'dat shit straight!"

My mind clicked. That's the same name Omanda called that nigga that went into her house.

"Misty... you heard me?" Griff said close to my face. "I said where my boys at?"

"What did Brown do to Dre?" I questioned as Dre came over to get something out of his trunk.

"He owe him some money or some shit," he shrugged. "Hold up, how you know Brown, anyway?"

I shook my head. "I don't. I just saw that nigga going into Omanda's house--"

Dre turned around so quick he could've made my head spin.

Aw, shit.

He yelled out to the fat man, "Aye, let's go Mack! 'Dat nigga Brown just been put on the radar!"

________________________________

A / N :

Brown just can't win for losing! lmao.

Please don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT! I LOVE hearing from you guys!

Thanks for reading!