5 | P O N D

We ended up eating at the same place we first met, Mcdonald's.

"Of all the places in the world, why did you take me here? On our first not-date?"

He shrugged. "Eating Mcdonald's gets my mind off things."

"So... it's some sort of craving?"

"Nah, I wouldn't say that."

I was about to head to our table when a guy bumped me in the shoulder.

"Watch it!" I said.

The guy turned around. I couldn't believe my eyes. I almost dropped my tray at the sheer sight of him. He was here. The guy who I had been crying over. The guy who cheated. The guy I was trying really hard to avoid. Jett.

"Megan?"

"Jett."

"How are you?"

"Good. No thanks to you."

"Look, I said I was sorry."

"That was it. You just said you were sorry but you never really meant it!" I said, walking away.

Jett grabbed my shoulder.

"What do you want?" I almost yelled, which caused a lot of stares. I muttered a 'sorry' and sat down at the nearest table. He sat down across from me.

"Megan, I'm so sorry. It was all my fault. I mean - you almost died!"

"Wha-what?"

"I know about the dro- about what happened, Megan."

"How?"

"Because... I was the one who saved you."

"Hey guys." Scott interrupted

"Seriously Megan? Wet Willy?"

"It's Scott. I do hope you remember what happened in the swimming state championship when I saved your sorry arse from drowning."

Jett kept quiet.

"Doesn't ring a bell? Well, do you remember the time you wet your shorts because you were to scared to swim in a 6 ft pool and I had to swim that round for you? How did that feel, Wet Jett?"

"Okay, I get it. Whatever." Jett mumbled, but I could definitely see his cheeks go red.

"Uh-huh, how about the time you broke up with the most beautiful, amazing, and talented person I've met? You are one smart gentleman, Jett."

"Now if you'll excuse me, being the gentleman that you clearly are, let my date and I enjoy the evening and I bid you goodbye." Scott finished

I giggled. Jett vacated his seat and said "You'll regret this, Scott."

"Oh really? Like you regretted everything you did to me and to her? No, I don't think I'll regret any of this, Wet Jett."

Jett looked at him in disgust and left us to our food.

"Man, that felt so good." He said after Jett had left.

"I bet it did. Thanks."

"Don't mention it."

"Did you really mean it?"

"Mean what?" He mumbled through a mouthful of cheeseburger.

"All those things you said about me?"

"Of course. Every single world. I did mean those things I said because- they were true."

I smiled. "Really?"