Chapter 2

Emily

Mr. Styles annoyed me. Everyone was in love with him just because of his looks, not to mention his personality was pretty classy too. He was utterly flawless, and if he did have even one little flaw, as little as a crooked tooth, he was god damn good at hiding it. All the girls drooled over him, and I don't mean to use that word lightly.

"Have you seen the new sub, Mrs. Styles??"

"God, I never knew a sub could be so perfect."

"Oh the things I would do to that beautiful, man."

It's the only thing the girls here talk about anymore. Mr. Styles, Mr. Styles, Mr. Styles. I'm sick of it. His pretty face has made him ugly through my eyes. He seems like the type of guy who plays hard to get, the type of guy who will play you, then leave you. He's that type of guy. He's the guy you spend nights, days, weeks, trying to figure out. He's the guy who will buy you gifts, and cherish you, but in the end it will never amount to what he will do to you in the end. How he will make you feel. What he will make you do. And what he will do to you.

Mr. Styles

Another day at my secondary job, being a sub at Willow Tree High. After school, I usually drive straight to my lab. I work at my lab everyday on my own time, as long as I get the job done. I cook crystal meth, the purest crystal in this country. It's 96% pure, and on lucky days, maybe even 99%. Regular cooks barely even make it to 75% on average, meaning I bring in twice, maybe even 3 times more money than they ever will in a lifetime. I make $7.3 million dollars a year, roughly. Nobody knows but my partner, Zayn. My cover name is Rosenthal, but my real name is Harry Styles.

The drug company refers to me As "Rosenthal", and "Rosenthal" only. They are never to know where I work, where I live, who I know, and especially my name.

Frozen in place, I sit there and blankly stare at my paper, deep in thought. At my desk, I'm looking down at a few dozen ungraded papers that soon needed to be put into the system, since the marking period is soon coming to an end.

I picked up the first paper, Veronica Liddel, easy. She always gets a zero due to lack of effort and care. Education was clearly the last thing on her mind.

Next paper, Emily Schloendarin.

     I glanced up at the brunette girl in the back of the classroom. She seemed very self-content, someone who holds together easily, with some help along the way. I respect that. I can easily sense she's different than the others, I like it.

     I gently placed my hand on the knot of my tie, and tightened it with both my left, and my right. I gave Emily a glaring look, so that she would notice me, and know. I ran my built, hands, through my thick, dark brown hair to help keep it in place. Emily and I locked eye-contact.

I looked in her piercing, green eyes from across the run down classroom filled with kids awaiting their futures. Waiting to get into college. Waiting to succeed. But she, she seemed like she didn't want to figure it out. She wanted to remain inside of these 4 walls for as long as possible, and something told me she was going to do it too.

I looked back down at her now graded test, which read a 57%. I sighed, and glanced at her once more before sighing.

When the bell rang, and the students up and left, I requested for Emily to stay after, and she did. She slowly made her way toward my desk, looking confused, yet infuriated. Her eyebrows slightly pointed down wards toward the bridge of her nose. She made a stop at my desk. I sat there, leaning back into the comfort of my advantaged chair, and I had my right calf lay on the top of my left knee. My dress pants slightly rose at this action, exposing my dress socks, and my dress shoes in their entirety. With my hands intertwined with each other, just a few inches away from my chin, and my elbows resting on the arm rests, I allowed my fingers to play with each other, especially my pointer fingers. I glared into her deep, green eyes, as she just waited. Waited for me to speak.

"Explain." I leaned forward and grabbed her test paper that read 57%, and lightly tossed it on the desk in front of me, making it so that the letters faced her, instead of me.

"Fifty-seven percent??!?! Mr. Styles, I swear I studied for this test. My grade depends on it." She pouted, with a hint of a smile, as if she were trying to hide her smirk. She was lying.

"Alright, Ms. Schloendarin, but next time it happens, our meeting will have to be a little longer." I stood up, and ran my hand through my hair once again, I quickly touched my tongue with my thumb, and I picked up the papers and began neatly putting them into my briefcase.

I could still feel Emily's presence, so I decided to dismiss her.

"You may leave now, Ms. Schloendarin."

She immediately made her way to the door, but stopped. She stopped in her tracks in the middle of the doorway, and looked back up at me. I was still putting papers away.

I glanced up at her, and lightly winked with my left eye, and shifted my eye sight back down to where it mattered most. When I looked back up, not even 5 seconds later, she was gone.