4

Kate was locked in Thomas' room since he had to go and Luda Mae was going to the gas station. Hoyt was going on 'patrol' ad monty wanted to go with him.
Little did Thomas know that Kate would just do the exact opposite of what he said.
Kate picked the lock with a Bobby pin she had in her hair. The locks were old. It took a while but she was finally able to get out.
It was only now that Kate realised how big the house actually was.
It kinda scared Kate. But excited her at the same time. There were so many hiding places in here. If only Emma was here. They could have played man hunt. But the only thing would e is that if they played THEIR version of man hunt, the whole place would be a mess since in their game you destroy the hiding places when someone is found so they can't hide their again.
Kate finally found the entrance to the basement.
"Heh heh heh" Kate silently laughed to herself
She ran down the wooden stairs and looked around. There was a shelf full of files and a book that said
"Photos"
Kate reached for the photo book. Se flicked through and saw some pictures of a boy with one side of his face looking like it was either rotting away or it didn't form properly.
Kate then had her suspicions
She opened the files and something dropped to the floor. She picked it up and read
"Thomas Hewitt. Age 12 rare skin condition to right side of the face. Adopted"
Kate was shocked. She put the file back.
"Thomas can never know"
She thought.
Kate ran back to the bedroom and locked it. Now she knew why Thomas wore that mask.

Thomas came back in a better mood. What he didn't know was that he was about to be put into on of Kate's persuasive trances.
Thomas took his shoes off and saw Kate smiling at him. He shut the door and turned to look at her.

"Thomas?"
He nodded at the 15 year old
"Would you like to come back to my house for tonight. Just tonight since it's only us to. No one would know"

Thomas wanted to decline but he knew the best way to keep this girls behaviour in order was to let her do some things that she wanted to.

Thomas followed her to the house. Carly had gone out to her friends and so the house was empty.

"Right. First things first. Thomas your getting a bath"
Thomas' eyes widened
He pointed to his mask then to Kate. She didn't understand so she went into the study and fetched an old unused note book.

"Here. Write what you want to say so I can understand"
Thomas scribbled down.
"But you'll see my face. And then you'll be scared. Then you're gonna run away and I'll have to kill you"

Kate sighed. She made up a lie to get Tommy to do what she wanted. Kate had a talent for this. She could lie her way in and out of things to get what she wanted.

"Tommy I've seen tons of people with skin conditions. You aren't gonna be different"
Thomas slowly removed the skin mask and put it on the window ledge