Chapter 9: Goodbye death contraption

Start from the beginning

“I’ll be there in five.” He ended the call. I shoved my phone into my pocket and looked up, only to be faced with Violet and Elle’s curious gazes. “What?”

“I smell something fishy.” Violet scrunched her face. Elle looked at her, guilt on her face for some unknown reason. “I ate a tuna sandwich earlier.” She confessed shyly. We both eyed her and she casually shrugged. Five minutes later, Miles hopped off my red Cayman. I smiled as he approached us.

“Good morning ladies.” He greeted. Vi and Elle returned the greeting. “So why do you suppose I am called here when you three are suppose to be in class?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow at us.

“Beats me, it’s all Rori.” Vi said replied. Elle nodded vigorously.

“It wouldn’t hurt to skip a day Miles. Loosen up.” I said nervously. “Anyways, back to my plan. Do you see that contraption over there?” All three of them followed where my finger was pointed at. They sent me amused faces. “Don’t you give me those faces, if I say it’s a death contraption, it is one.”

“What of it miss?” He asked. “I need you to take it and hide it back at the house. I also need one just like it, spare the details as long as it looks just like it. Oh, and don’t buy a brand new one it would be a complete waste of money.” He was skeptical but nodded before driving off.

“You can fill us in on your plan any day now.” Violet said, sarcasm dripping from her words.

“It’s all part of the game.” I replied.

“With Alex?” She asked and I nodded in response.

“A game? I wanna play!” Elle piped in. “No Elle, you really don’t.” I told her.

“Uhm, okay.” She replied unsurely. “Anyways, you guys can head off to class. I’ll follow in a bit. I just need to find myself a bulldozer.” I told them. They looked at me if I was losing it but I wasn’t, not one bit.

I hailed a cab and gave them directions to my dad’s construction site. He was expanding the company and the building was in the making. Meaning there was those construction things. Meaning there was a bulldozer and I was going to get it. I paid the taxi fare and approached the site. I greeted the workers with smile.

“Hey, is Frankie in?” I asked a random worker who was about to board the lift.

“Yeah, I think he’s on the twentieth floor finalizing the blueprints with Mr. Dover.” He replied.

“Mind if I go up with you?” I asked with a polite smile plastered on my lips. He gesture me to enter before pressing the button with the arrow pointing up. “Going up.” He said and I was simplemindedly amused by this. He told me it was my stop so I got off and started poking my head into unfinished rooms looking for Frankie.

“Rori?” A voice finally spoke up from behind me. I turned around to find a middle aged man wearing a yellow construction hat and a beer belly poking out of his red plaid checkered shirt. He fumbled with the blue plastic cylinders he held under his armpit, making his way to me.

“Hey Frankie,” I gave him a small hug before pulling away.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, confusion obviously etched on his aged features. Frankie was one of the few people I played with when I was younger. He helped build the house and sometimes I’d accompany Clemence* to offer them refreshments and snacks.

“I just wanted to call in a favor?” I couldn’t help but chew on my lip. He raised a brow at me. “How big?” I sucked in the much needed breath before responding. “Like I wanna borrow one of the bulldozers and someone who knows how to work it big.” I was breathless by the end of that statement.

He gave me a blank stare. “I’m not even going to ask just make sure to bring it back by 4pm.” And that’s how I got a bulldozer. I called Miles if he did what I asked him to do. When he gave me a yes, I took it as a sign to head back to school and enjoy the rest of the show.

I found a bench close to the parking lot and it being a front row seat was an understatement. I texted Vi and Elle to head out and meet me when the bell rings. I made sure to keep the juicy details of what was about to go down. Why spoil the surprise?

“So what’s the occasion?” Violet asked, standing in front of me.

“Occasion? Is there cake? I want chocolate!” Elle chirped cheerily.

“We’ll have cake later at home so both of you sit your butts down.” I ushered. I heard them mutter okay okays and I also heard Violet call me bossy as hell but I just rolled my eyes. I heard the voices of Stellan and Alex nearing the parking lot. I pulled out the walkie-talkie from my bag. “Dozer do you hear me?” I asked.

“Yeah, ready when you are Lion.” The voice replied. Lion, as in roar – Rori, get it? Cheesy, I know. A smirk crawled up my lips when I watched them breeze past us.

“Permission to crush that thing.” I told him, excitement surging in me. “Roger that,” he said. I heard the rumble of gears and the engine coming to life. The yellow Caterpillar came to view and everybody panickly ran out of its way as it drove towards that black motorcycle unknowingly parked in a lot.

“What the hell?” I heard Alex say and he rushed towards his precious bike but wheels beat those long, muscular, sexy legs of his. “Shit. Shit. Shit!” He screamed the profanity ungraciously loud before the lot was filled with gasps and the crushing of metal scrap.

“Oh my gosh.” Elle breathed and I bit my lip to contain the fits of laughter that threatened to escape my lips. I watched him fall to his knees as the bulldozer retreated. He was scooping up his bike or what’s left of it. I saw Stellan patting him in the back soothingly.

“Do you think he’s crying?” Violet asked amusedly.

“Probably but if he found out that it was all a prank he’d murder me in cold blood.” I told her. “So let’s go have that cake now?”

“I’ll go round up the car.” Violet said and we both nodded. She pulled up in front of us but before I got in, I whipped out my phone.

“Hello?” The voice said.

“Alex, hope you know not to dye a girl’s lips. Especially in a color that doesn’t suit them.” Alex turned around from afar and eyed me. I waved at him sweetly before jumping in.

“Cake time!” Elle yelled. With that Violet drove away.

____________________________________________________

Hey you guys! Megan here and I have come with an update. A boring update at that so yeah, you fans can kick my lazy ass for not updating sooner. Thank you for all the comments; you guys are like stroking my furry ego ;) Not much in this chapter, at least not Alex and Rori moments but I hope you enjoyed reading it!

VOTE AND COMMENT if you guys liked this chapter or even loved, it means a lot to us :)

P.S. Wanna thank SummerGlam for that reall cool banner. Thanks girl this chapter's dedicated to you. 

-       Megan