Chapter Five

(Random Lynch picture. Don't ask. Rocky and Ellington shaved by the way. :( )

Ross' POV:

"C-Courtney?" I stutter out as the whole group behind me goes completely silent.

Emmalee is pulled away from my arm, that was around on her back. Riker tugs Emmalee back next to me, as Courtney approaches us closer. I feel my heart start to race. I had no idea that Courtney was going to come and see me in New York. Hell, if I did I wouldn't be standing here nearly shaking in my jeans because I am so scarred of what Courtney is going to say or do to Emmalee.

"Ross, I am going to ask you again. Who in the hell is that girl and why is she wearing my jacket?" Courtney hisses at me.

I look over at Emmalee, who still had my jacket wrapped around her small little body. I then look over at Courtney, who is impatciently tapping her foot, as if she wanted me to hurry up with my answer. I once again look at Emmalee. I can tell that Emmalee is scared and nervous, which makes me not want to say anything. But then again, I am sorta in a realtionship with her. Managment shouldn't force me to be with a girl I don't even like. The one girl I like is Emmalee and I want to be with her, but for now I am stuck with Courtney.

"Ross, who in the hell is that girl?!" Courtney snaps.

At this point, I am still at a loss for words. After a few seconds, Emmalee comes over to me, walking right into the battle zone that I have created. Emmalee stands next to me, her eyes on Courtney.

"Who are you?" Courtney hisses.

"Drop the prissy additude. I know it's fake. My name is Emmalee and I am Will's niece." Courtney rolls her eyes. "Just because you are fake dating Ross, doesn't mean you're better than anyone else."

The whole entire group goes silent. Rydel bites her lip to hold a laugh in from escaping her lips. The girls look at Courtney, before they walk away.

"Girls!" Courtney calls after them.

"Opps, did I say that out loud?" Emmalee says with an evil smirk on her lips.

"Listen here, those are my friends. This is my boyfriend, whether it be fake or real. Do you understand me?" Courtney hisses out, poking her finger into Emmalee's chest.

"What I understand is that Ross is your fake boyfriend. He may have to act like he enjoys your company in public, but he most definitely doesn't on his private time. Now if you'll excuse me, we have places to be. You can be part of that if you'd like to keep your attitude toned down." I was shocked by Emmalee's response, but I was snickering at the look on Courtney's face. Before she can respond, Emmalee links her arm though mine and we continue walking.

"No one ever tells Courtney off for her attitude. Thanks. Everyone will probably congratulate you on doing that." I whisper into her ear. She giggles quietly, before glancing at me.

"She needs to learn her place. She's the same as everyone else here. We're all equals, whether she believes it or not. We're all human, no matter who has more money, or who is prettier, or who has more fame." And as she said those words, I found myself falling harder for her because of how down to earth she was.

Before I realize where Emmalee is taking me, we are both back out in the cold. The jacekt that was on her body when we walked into the restaurant, was in her arms. I could tell that she is mad, because the expression on her face was completely hate filled. After about us walking in silence for about 30 seconds, I stop her. Emmalee looks at me, but then converts her eyes elsewhere.

"Emmalee, look at me." I state.

"Ross, I can't."

"Emmalee, look at me." I repeat.