Chapter 2

As school finished, Anna met with her small group of friends outside the gates of her school before walking around to the Institute for Boys. Anna and her friends were quite friendly with some boys from the school so normally every Friday they would agree to meet up and go have some fun in the city.

"Owen!"

Anna and her friends saw the group of boys ahead awaiting them. Like always they were always happy to be meeting again.

As they all hugged one another, Anna noticed a different but familiar face in the crowd. One of the boys Owen stood aside. "Oh girls, this is me mate George. George Harrison".
He was the boy on the bus. That was his name, George. Anna noticed the guitar case.
"It's nice to meet you George" Anna broke the silence with a faint smile.

George nodded and remained awkwardly silent. He held out his hand and Anna shook it, followed by the other girls.
"Hi" he said, remaining quiet.
Anna looked at him, he looked rather uncomfortable. He looked like he'd rather be elsewhere.

"Come 'ead then lads" Owen grinned while everyone else followed him, laughing and smiling. Anna walked slowly behind, George in tow.
"Anna isn't it?" He asked.

Anna turned to face him. "Yeah".

It was rather awkward. Anna could tell George was quite shy. "I saw you on the bus this morning, you're the girl I bumped into" George said, Anna giggling quietly. "Yeah, I'm sorry by the way".

George shook his head, "No harm done".
Anna kept on looking at George. He looked different from everyone else. Chocolate brown eyes, chestnut hair, a slender face. He was different from the other boys she knew, he was a rather handsome.

Hours later, after fun in the city they all huddled together at the Penny Lane bus station, each one waiting for their buses back to sections of the suburbs. Anna had only spoken to George a few times that day, she thought it best not to approach him.
In the rain, everyone shivered including George.

"Does anyone want to come to the cinema tomorrow?" someone asked, Anna wasn't sure who. She shook her head however.
"I can't, I might not have money".

Owen laughed. He had always been the strange one. If something went wrong he normally found it a bit funny to try and explain the story but over exaggerate it quite a lot, like was the new Peter Sellers.
"Ah of course! Anna can't come cause she ain't got no money!" Owen shouted out. A few people giggled but Anna fell silent. She turned to face George. His sharp stare focuses on Owen, he looked rather angry. Like a tiger spying on prey.
"Anna used to have money but then her mum went off shaggin' some bloke" Owen mocked, mimicking a sexual movement. All the girls giggled but Anna's face went plum. She'd never been embarrassed like that before.

At that George sat down his guitar case and went over to Owen. "Hey, who are you? Her biographer?" George asked. Everyone fell silent. No one had ever stood up for Anna like that. She watched on in amazement.

"Just tryin' to put the story straight George!" Owen squeaked.
George stared sharply once again at Owen.
"Straight?! I think only Anna can do that!" George shouted. The other two boys in the group: Ray and Mark held George back.
"That's enough George" Ray whispered and George took a step back.

At the other side of the bus station, the No.45 bus pulled in. George glanced over before grabbing Anna's hand. Anna's cheeks burned. Out of amazement but slight embarrassment too.

"Besides Anna and my bus is here".

George picked up his guitar case and walked with Anna out from under the shelter into the rainfall.
Anna squeezed George's hand and together they both got on the bus.