Chapter 1 ~ 1957

Liverpool, 1957

"Anna! You're going to be late for school!"
Anna glanced over her shoulder. She wished she didn't need to go to that hell of a place. The only reason she went was just for her friends. She closed over her magazine, filled to the brim with hundred of glossy colour images of Elvis, every girl's dream man.

"I'm coming mum!" Anna called.
She grabbed her satchel and shoved the magazine in it. She went downstairs where she met her mum at the front door. She placed a gentle kiss on Anna's head before saying: "Don't be home late now".

Anna nodded with a giggle. She loved her mum. Her family was a little strange. She'd never known her father, well not personally anyway. Then when she was about 2 her mum remarried to man called Robert Canning. It was hardly surprising, Anna's mum had always been beautiful. Auburn hair, emerald eyes, she was truly one of the most stunning women in Liverpool.
With him, Anna got some siblings. A half sister Jenny, who was 10; and a half brother Paul who was 7.

Anna adored her mum. She knew people who's parents divorced and the half brothers and sisters that came got more attention than the firstborn. Anna loved the fact that wasn't the case here, it was equal love and care to all 3 children. What's more, her mum wasn't like the other parents. She was still young and like Anna was just starting to fall deeply in love with the whole new rock 'n' roll theme sweeping across from the Atlantic.

"It might be some time with friends but I don't want you in trouble" Anna's mum joked as Anna giggled.

Anna nodded. "I'm sure I won't be mum. I better get going".

Anna walked along the street, the bitter frost of the December morning nipping against her skin. Her school blazer couldn't keep her warm. She hopped onto the bus to take her from the suburbs into the central area of Liverpool.

Anna attended one of the most prestigious schools in the city: The Liverpool Institute for Girls. The best for the best. Anna would never forget the day she found out she had passed all her entry exams and got in. As a present for doing so well, her mum got her a guitar. Anna had been playing for just over a year.

Anna sat upstairs in the top deck of the bus as always. Compared to normal, it was a little more busy.

Anna took a seat behind a young boy with a guitar case balanced on the seat next to him. His hair was slicked up like that of Elvis and he was wearing a very smart school blazer.

When her stop was near, she got up quickly so as to get downstairs fast enough but at the same time collided with the boy.

"Oh sorry!" The boy apologised.
Anna gasped but then quickly apologised too. She then noticed the blazer. The boy was a student at the Liverpool Institute for Boys.
Anna then slid back and followed by the boy headed down the steps.

She noticed him carrying the guitar case before she watched him enter into the Institute for Boys before she went into the Institute for Girls around the corner.