Chapter 29: Secrets are out! Part 1!

Începe de la început

     "How do you know I'm lying, Jenny?!" I retorted to her.

     "Because I saw you with Justin yesterday at the party and he drove you to his house!" She blurted out, fuming.

     "I was at a party yesterday? I don't go to parties!" I said. If I did, why would I go with Justin? The last experience was bad enough for me.

     "Hold on! You went to a party with Manning! What else have you been hiding from me?"  Ryder said.

     "I don't remember, Ryder. Why are you being so mean?" I asked, in a hushed tone.

     "You went behind my back and went to a party with Manning, whom you still talk to even though I forbidden you. How can I not be mad?" He answered.

     "I'm sorry." I apologized.

     "Sorry doesn't help, Emma!" He said, getting up and walking away. Jenny shot me a evil grin.

     "Ryder! Wait... At least, let me tell you what I know. I can't help it if I don't remember!" I said, ignoring her grin and running behind Ryder.

I ran behind him until he reached his car. I stopped him by placing a hand on his shoulder.

     "Emma, I think you need to go. I need some time to think." Ryder said, his back still facing me.

     "Ryder, I don't know what happened?"

     "Okay, Let's agree that you don't remember. Does it change that you were with Justin last night?"

I shook my head, giving him a negative response.

   Justin! He knows what happened last night! Maybe, he can tell Ryder what happened?   

     "Ryder! Justin might know what happened last night!" I spoke my mind.

     "Oh, really? Okay then, let's call him." He scoffed.

I took my phone out and dialled Justin's number. When I did, I heard Ryder mumbled something that sounded, 'Of course you'd have his number.' I ignored his words as I put the phone to my ear.

     "Hello?" Justin's voice filled my ear.

     "Justin, I need your help.." I said.

     "Emma? With what?"

     "I can't remember what happened last night. I need you to tell Ryder what did if you remember!" I replied.

     "You probably had a lot last night!" I heard distinctively through the phone. "But explain to me why I have to help you?"

     "Come on, Please! I don't know! But If you don't want to help, fine!" I hung up the phone after that.

I turned to face Ryder.

     "Let me guess, he doesn't want to help." Ryder scoffed. "Can I just leave now?"

     "Um...Ry-" I was interrupted by my phone ringing. I answered it without looking at the caller's ID.

     "Did you just hang up on me?" Justin asked.

     "Yeah, so, you didn't want to help!"

     "Wow, last night really changed you, huh?" He said.

     "Will you just tell me about last night?" I asked.

     "Where are you?" He quickly, asked.

     "Near Charlie's Cafe. Why?"

     "Don't worry, I'll be there. This better be worth it..." Justin grumbled.