"Paige! Shoes off before jumping on the bed!" I scolded my sister, but she only stuck her tongue out at me. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone as Owen started talking.

"I have to go around one, but I was thinking we all could leave early and I could let you see the Raptors." Owen said and both me and Paige smiled excitedly. "Good. Now, we'll leave in about an hour, so relax and if you're hungry just look in the kitchen and eat whatever you want. I'll be outside working on my bike alright." And with than he ruffled mine and Paige's hair before going back outside.

***

"Wow!" Paige exclaimed as she saw Owen train the Raptors. Me and Paige were both watching from the examining area if the Raptor cage. Owen was clicking something to get the Raptor's attention while cursing at the Raptors when they gave him sass. I chuckled slightly, liking the attitude the one named Charlie was giving him.

"It's amazing how they even listen to you Owen." I commented once he let them run off in their cage. I had made my way over to the stairs to meet up with him, and Paige followed. He rolled his eyes and began making his way toward us, but then he stopped when he heard someone else speak.

"Owen, I was starting to think I hired the wrong guys but damn you got them eating out of your palm." Owen groaned silently and turned back around to face a man with graying hair and beard.

"You came on a good day. It's not usually a happy ending." Owen said, reluctantly shaking the man's hand.

"That why you aren't sending in your reports?"

"We've been busy." Owens friend, Barry said.

"Cashing your paychecks." The man joked, I think. I had made it right behind Owen, Paige holding onto my hand.

"What do ya need, buddy?" Owen said, though I knew he was being sarcastic.

"A field test." Aaaah, so this was him. Vic Hoskins. Owen rolled his eyes and started to walk away, making me and Paige turn around and quickly walk in front of him. "Hey, I just saw them listen to commands. You should take the research, and get a test going."

"They're wild animals, Hoskins. You don't want them on the field." Owen said.

"Hey, I just saw a bond. A real bond. Between man and beast." Hoskins said, getting in front of Owen and blocking his way to the stairs, and to us.

"You're in my way." Owen said. I kinda tuned out the rest of their conversation and looked around. We went down the stairs and went back to the examining area, watching the Raptors.

"Pig loose!" Someone exclaimed, and I snapped my attention above us. A young man was chasing a pig that had gotten loose in the cage. When he tried to catch it, the pig got taken by a Raptor just as he caught the pig and pulled him over the railings and he fell into the cage. I gasped, latching onto Paige and shoving her outside the cage. Owen ran past us and opened up the inner gate to the main cage and ran in, helping the man. He held his hands up, and the Raptors all stopped, staring at him. The man slowly scurried back to safety, though I knew he wasn't safe yet.

I had my focus on Owen. He could get killed for crying out loud! He told Barry to close the gate, and after hesitating he did. Just as it was about to fully close, Owen ran and rolled under it, it closing right after he passed it and the Raptors running into the bars. Barry helped him up, and then he turned to the man.

"You're the new guy, right?" The man nodded. "Ever wonder why there was a job opening?" The man's eyes widened. "Don't ever turn your back to the cage." The man glanced back and was met with one of the Raptors face just inches from his, which he jumped at. Owen walked over to us, still being in the examining area of the cage while me and Paige were outside.

"Owen you were so cool! But I swear to god if you'd of gotten hurt I would of killed you!" I yelled at him, which he chuckled at. "As reckless as always, huh?"

"Oh shut up. Since I work here, and I have special connections with the woman who runs this place-"

"Claire?" Paige asked, which Owen nodded at but was confused. Before he could ask how she knew who she was, she continued to explain. "My friend Gray is her nephew and he told me about her. He's here as well, somewhere...Plus, you've already mentioned her before over the phone." she said, and I knew she was missing him already. Awe, my little sis finally had her first crush.

"Hey, the Mosasouraus show is about to start soon. How about I drop you off at it and I head back and finish up my bike. I'm sure you guys don't want me slowing you down and telling you what to do." Owen said, opening and closing the door to the cage after exiting it. Me and Paige smiled at him as we all headed back to the jeep.

(Please excuse weird typos.)