(CH.2) The Case

Voights POV
       "Ok everyone listen up we got a case, the names James Thomason he has a long criminal past including abduction, drug handling, and much more. I know that this will hit home for all of you but we have a job to do and I know you are the best people for this case. So Thomason will be at the park today looking for his next victim. Erin you will be posing as a runner Jay you will be sitting on a park bench, Atawater and Olinsky you guys will be playing frisbee and Antonio and Ruzek you'll be on look out. I'll be in the car ready if anything happens. Everyone got it?" They all said yes "ok suit up and let's go"... Everyone goes " hey Erin you be careful out there  he targets girl" " I will, you know my Voight no need to worry."
Erin's POV
     I'm in a black sports bra and neon leggings, I did this attract attention by showing of a lot. I wonder if Jay has been looking at me. I've noticed it been a little bloated but it doesn't matter, if you got it flaunt it. I've never gotten to go undercover with something I'm passionate about. I've been running since I was a young girl, growing up with a drug addict for a mom and a federal prisoner as a dad you get used to it. I radioed to Voight " eyes on target"  I kept running but I was getting light headed so I stopped, took a drink of water and kept going. I was approaching the bench Jay was at as I started loosing balance and blacked out hitting the ground hard.
Jays POV
        I saw Erin start loosing balance while she was approaching the bench I was sitting at. Next thing k new she had hit the pavement. I radioed into Voight and he called the ambulance and I rushed to Erin. She had a pulse but she was unconscious other people started gathering around but as soon as the ambulance came they all backed away. I rode to Chicago Med with Erin in the back of Ambo 61  as Brett and Borelli started getting her back to consciousness. I was scared I know I broke up with her but I still love her and I won't stop loving her, I never have and I never will. I went out to go update Voight and give her privacy as the doctor went in. I know Erin and I know she likes to take the hits by herself sometimes.
Erin's POV
       The doctor walked in " Ok Ms.Lindsay so your results are back, nothing seems to be wrong but we did notice something abnormal with the results. I don't know how to say this lightly but you are Pregnant Ms. Lindsay. We noticed the OB and scheduled you an appointment on April 4 at 11 am. Please schedule time of and by the looks of these result you are 3 months pregnant, which would mean you have completed your first trimester. Please talk to your employer about this as you job is a major safety concern. Oh and Congratulations" the doctor left. I was in shock, me a mother I never wanted kids after having my mom for a mom. I didn't want to be like her she made my life hell and I don't want that for my child. Jays the father. He's the only guy I've slept with in a long time, I don't know if I'll tell him... Yet I will tell him and he will figure it out soon cause I'm 3 months I'll start to show real soon. Kim Burgess one of my best friends walked in
interrupting my thoughts. " hey there Lindsay" " hey" I muttered back because a lot was going on in my mind. " what up Erin you seem really of, are you alright? Are you dying?" Kim babbled on. "  No I'm not dying, but I'm 3 months Pregnant and Jays the father, but Jay just ended things so I don't know what to do, and I never really wanted kids because I don't want to be like my mom she was a horrible mother and I know I'll just end up like her" there I said it I said everything that was going through my mind. " oh my god Erin that's amazing I'm so happy for you. You'll be a great mom I know it and everyone here knows it to, it will work out with Jay, everyone knows that you two both love each other and will never stop loving each other." Kim assuredly me. " thanks Kim, you'll be a great aunt". " you bet I will, I have to go duty calls. Bye mom"
" bye Kim and don't ever call me that again, I know where you live". " ok, ok I'll stop."
Jays POV
       I saw Kim leaving Erin's room and ran to her. " is everything ok, is she dying, does she have cancer? What are you not telling me" I just kept questioning her. " why don't you go see for yourself" she said mischievously.
I ran to Erin's room to see my pale partner staring off into oblivion looking beautiful. " hey, how are you doing?" I asked " good, I guess doctors said I'll be fine, I skipped breakfast so I was malnourished and that's why I passed out." She explained  " oh well everyone is waiting outside even some of the 51-ers" I told her. I left the room to go talk to will cause I knew she wasn't telling me the truth. " hey Will do you know what's going on with Erin?" " Um, no she wasn't my patient so I don't know" he said. " well can you go find out for me?" I asked. "No, go ask her yourself because I'm not violating hospital conduct I'm already in enough trouble I don't need this" " oh, ok I just feel like she not telling me the truth about what's going on so I was just wondering, Bye Will" " bye little bro, and dude we all know you still love her you just made a stupid mistake".
Erin's POV
   I was discharged from the hospital so Kim came over and we had a girls night. " So Erin how are you going to tell Jay about the baby?" I don't know but I have a ultrasound on the 4th so maybe I'll use that as a part of telling him, oh and do you think you can go to the appointment with me?" " heck yes, I'm going to go cause this aunt is super pumped." We spent the rest of the night laughing and having fun. I still can't believe I'll be a mom.
---------------------------------------------
Finally updated, the next one is coming really soon it will be the appointment and maybe telling him but I'm not msure 😉 hope you enjoyed!  If you have any ideas comment or DM me! ❤️