It wasn't a date, alright?

The next morning I woke up, Otis was standing on the side of my bed. "Whoa, morning bud. Kind of scared me there." Otis laughed "I'm sorry daddy" I smiled "its alright. Let's go down stairs and have some breakfast" Otis nodded

I picked him up and we both walked down the stair to sit at the island.

I sit Otis down and I go and get his cereal favorite kind of course.

I slid the blow towards him and he chows down.

I stand in front of the coffee maker 'bout to get my morning coffee until my phone rings.

I reach for my cell and see the caller I.D. 'Joe'

"Hello?"

"Mike?" Joe asks me, knowing its me

"No, its James Woods"

"Nice one, Mike. Sorry to bother you today, but I wanna know if you called my friend, Anna?"

Anna? Hm.. that's a pretty name.

"Joe I kind of woke up, and when I got home last night.. I went to bed. I was to tired. Sorry man"

"It's alright man, I'm not trying to push you into this or anything, but you should try and give her a call. I'm sure you'll like her."

I nodded knowing he couldn't see me. "I'll look into it, I'll talk to you soon" "Alright, call her, man. Bye"

I hung up and placed my phone on the counter.

"Who was that daddy?" I finished pouring my coffee into my mug and faced Otis. "It was Joe, he just wanted to know what we were going to do today" Otis nodded as he took another spoon full into his mouth.

I just laugh at him as I take a sip of my coffee.

*

The whole day, I kept thinking about Joe's offer, calling that is.

What would I say? What if I mess up trying to speak to her? What if she don't like the way I sound?

God, Mike. Get a hold of yourself, you're sounding like a teenage boy again. Joe had told her about you so there's nothing to worry about.

Oh, what did Joe tell her?

Doesn't matter, I-I'm gonna call her. Yeah, I'm going to call her. Here I go.

*

I sat down on the bar stool waiting hearing a ringing come from my phone, until I heard a woman's voice come through.

"Hello, this is Anna" She spoke, I smiled as she did.

"Uhm, Anna? Uhm.. this is M-Mike, Joe's friend" I said shyly

She giggled "I remember you, he told me so much about you." "I hope nothing bad"

She laughed again "Oh no, nothing of that sort. He told me good things, nothing to worry."

I smiled "That's good. He never told me about you." She laughed one more time, god already. If she laughed one more time, I'm already going to fall in love.

"How about we meet somewhere, and we can get to know each other, y'know like how friends would do"

I nodded forgetting that we're just talking on the phone.

"Uh, yeah, yeah that be great. D-do you want to meet at this great coffee shop I know? Me and my son go there all the tim-"

Great now she doesn't want to meet at all, nice going Mike.