Chapter One

Amy ripped open The Daily Prophet which had just arrived:

Black still at large.

Sirius Black, possibly the most infamous prisoner ever to be held in Azkaban fortress, is still eluding capture, the Ministry of Magic confirmed today.

'We are doing all we can to recapture Black,' said the Minister for Magic, Cornlieus Fudge, this morning, 'and we beg the magical community to remain calm.'

Fudge has been criticised by some mebers of the International Frederation of Warlocks for informing the Muggle Prime Minister of the crisis.

'Well, really, I had to, don't you know,' said an irritable Fudge. 'Black is mad. He's a danger to anyone who crosses him, magic or Muggle. I have the prime Minister's assurance that he will not breathe a word of Black's true identity to anyone. And let's face it - who's believe him if he did?'

While Muggles have been told that Black is carrying a gun (a kind of metal wand which Muggles use to kill each other), the magical community lives in fear of a massacre like that of twelve years ago, when Black murderd thirteen people with a single curse.

Amy tossed the paper out the window, fuming.

"LUPIN!" she shouted down the stairs. A pale Lupin walked up the stairs. "Explain this!" Amy hissed. Lupin looked puzzled. "THE DAILY PROPHET SAID MY DAD WAS A MURDERER!" she shouted.

"AMY FOR GOD'S SAKE SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" Lupin shouted in her face. "Yes, I admit I never told you... But I thought Mr Weasley had already?"

"No." Amy said sourly. "He just said that Black was in Azkaban."

"He is your father, stop calling him Black!" Lupin snapped. Amy pouted. "Oh, Amy. I'm sorry. Yes, he murderd thirteen Muggles and Peter Pettigrew."

"I know he killed Pettigrew... But thirteen Muggles? Why?" Amy whisperd. Lupin sighed.

"Twelve years ago when... Lily and James were killed they were being protected by a Secret Keeper. Now, the Secret Keeper betrayed the Potter's to Voldemort and for some unkown reason Sirius- oh stop that! That's his name! Sirius went after Peter and Peter shouted for everyone to hear that Sirius betrayed Lily and James and Sirius... He had a temper. He blasted the whole street apart killing Peter and the Muggles in the process." Lupin sighed. "Look, Amy. I'm teaching at Hogwarts this year, and I have a feeling everyone is going to be running riot about Sirius... If you need to talk, I'll be in Lockhart's old office, okay?" Amy nodded, still in disbelief. Lupin walked out telling her to get her trunk ready as she was staying at The Leaky Cauldron.

Amy was all packed and she stepped into the fireplace.

"The Leaky Cauldron." she said.

***

"Oof!" Amy splutterd as she flew out of the fireplace. Two red-haired boys were staring down at her.

"Hey, Amy."

"Nice entrance."

"FRED! GEORGE!" Amy squealed. She hugged George and then almost killed Fred.

"Ow, Amy! I thought you loved me, not hated me!" he whimperd as George laughed. This caused a fist fight. Suddenly everyone in the Leaky Cauldron was cheering for one or the other. Most were just chanting 'Figth! Fight! Fight!' some were shouting 'C'mon, Fred! Get 'im!' others were screaming 'George! Pound 'im, that's it!'

"FRED! GEORGE!" Molly Weasley stopped it. There was a collective 'aww...' but Fred and George were grinning like idiots and sporting black eyes. Identical black eyes...

"Wow, nice one, Amy!" Harry Potter laughed at me. His eyes twinkled and I grinned.

"Thanks, Potter. Right, I need to get a room... See you!" Amy waved, dragging her trunk with Fred and Harry following her. George was getting a scolding. They found her room, and she sighed, falling onto the bed.