"Um. No?" He scruches up his face hoping for some kind of approval or something.

"Good answer."

He laughs. "So are you going to practice any before the assembly. There's a rumor you are going to sit by Ethan!"

I grunt, and slip my notebook into my backpack.

"Doubt it. There are way better cello players than me to be put up front."

I stand from my spot on the seat and sling my pack over my shoulders. "Also how would you know anything? Your not even in orchestra."

He shrugs. "I have my resources."

"Or your imagination." I mumble.

Together we walk down to fifth hall. The only class room in the whole hall is the orchestra slash band room. Not even the choir class is in fith hall.

It's a nice place to get away from all the other students crouding the other halls.

"Does it ever scare you walking down here?" Kade asks.

I can't help the laugh that escapes my mouth. "Nah. In fact I'm proud of it. This way everyone knows I'm a orch dork."

"Or band geek?"

"Ew."

Kade being a "retired" band geek says nothing, but I can tell he wants to.

When we get to the door, I don't even have time to reach for the handle before it flys open.

In the opening a excited Sam Jackson stands holding his cello.

"Kalaya!" I smile and give him a small half wave. "Hey Sam!"

"Ready for the assembly?" He asks buzzing with happiness.

I quick look over at Kade, and give him a look. He knows I'm excited. But the reasons for my excitement is much more than the cello.

"Tottaly. Wanna practice?"

~*~

Much to my disappointment I was not placed by Ethan for the assembly. Kade will defiantly get a punch later for that one.

Once the assembly was over and finnished. We put eveything away, and head to our first period class.

For the first part of the day, I try to focus in class, but it's a near to impossible task. The only thing my brain can think of is fith period, and finally talking to Ethan.

"Kalaya." I whip my head up off my desk and look at Mrs. Jensen.

"Hmmm?" I mumble, groggy from my catnap.

"Do you have the answer?"

I smile sleepily. "Mrs. Jensen all do respect. But you only called on me because you want to see if I was paying attention. If thats what you want to know, then answer is no."

She crosses her arms. Obviously unpleased with my smart remark.

Although the class seemed to get a kick out of it.