Prologue

Hunters were always role models for me. Ever since I was a little girl I looked up to Hunters. I always wanted to become one because most were real life heroes. If I could become a hero that helps save people and get to go on adventures along the way, it would be a dream come true.

That's why this year I'm going to take the Hunter Exam. My parents always used to think that only men should become Hunters, since they are more "strong and dominant". I didn't agree with that at all. There were many girls who are just as capable, if not more, at being hunters than guys.

I was definitely one of them. I wasn't very strong muscle wise but my metal powers were quite strong. It took me a few years to realize it. I thought everyone experiences life the same way as me.

Ever since I was young something was different about me. My parents and others noticed it way before I had. When I would get a hearing test the beeping was so loud I could hear it on the opposite end of the doctors office. My eyes are so good I could read the tiniest letters on the eye doctor chart from many yards away. I can smell a person from about a mile away if I focus on their scent, I can also smell the differing pollution levels in the air.

One unique thing is I can determine people's feelings when I focus all my senses on them. Even the slightest feelings they are experiencing are detectable to me.

I was confident in my abilities to become a Hunter. My bags are packed and I bid goodbye to my house which will be empty for a few months since no one lives with me. I won't be back till I have my Hunter License.

Hey everyone! This was just the intro to my story, that's why it was so short. Only about 300 words when usually my chapters are at least 1500. Hope you enjoy the story!