One of them is wiggling

Start from the beginning

"I'm not scared!" I said like a ten year old kid being challenged by his friends.

"I bet you're not even gonna do it," Brad played along.

"You know, I actually have a friend who never says no to a challenge or a bet. It's really funny when he doesn't end up getting in trouble. I'm kidding, it's even funnier when he gets into trouble." I grinned, thinking about my friend Jake. Never had it been that easy to convince a guy to wear a red, frilly thong for a day. I feel like he earned a new respect for women that day because he couldn't stop complaining about how uncomfortable he'd felt.

"Why do I have a feeling you've got some really good stories about that friend?" Brad asked suspiciously.

"You have no idea." I grinned. "Now go away, I'm gonna ink myself."

"Yes! I will give you your space! Anything you need, m'lady." He pretended to tip his invisible hat. "I have a client coming in any second now."

While Brad went back to his laptop, I did everything he'd taught me to prepare myself. By the time I was done, his customer had come in. I liked it, that way he was distracted and I could do my thing without feeling like I was being watched. I hated how insecure and nervous I felt all of a sudden.

This was probably the coolest thing I'd ever do. Inking yourself was old-school, it was rebellious and something teenage Gwen would've been so proud of. Who was I kidding? Even adult Gwen would be proud if she managed to get this done.

I knew how it felt, getting a tattoo. I remembered vividly how Brad had inked me the week before and how I returned the favor. With a big sigh, I took the plunge and pushed the needle against my skin. Once I was doing it, I kinda got over the feeling of stabbing myself and relaxed a little.

It probably took me a little longer than it should've because I was being extra cautious of my precious skin, but a while later I was sporting a howling wolf tattoo on my wrist. I was glad Brad hadn't asked me why I'd chosen a wolf. He didn't need to know about my inner dog in heat.

I snapped a few pictures before I put a bandage on top of it, so I could show it to Brad when he was done with his client. It wasn't even noon but I already felt like my day was accomplished.

"Thanks! See you around, man." Brad said before his client walked out of the door. I never knew whether he already knew his clients or not because he seemed so familiar with all of them. After two days, I decided not to ask anymore.

"Loook," I said while handing Brad my phone. I was feeling pretty smug that I'd managed to successfully ink myself.

"You're feeling so cool right now, aren't you?" Brad breathed a laugh while handing me back the phone.

"I don't feel cool, I am cool," I answered him confidently. "Do you like it? I'm still new at this, you need to compliment me so I don't break down."

"You're such a walking contradiction," Brad answered with an amused expression on his face. "I'm not gonna compliment you because I'm a little jealous that yours is cooler than mine." He pretended like he was having a hard time admitting to that defeat. It made me feel even better.

"I'm gonna send this pic to Jill. She'll love it. First she'll complain that it's not her name but then she'll love it," I said.

"That does sound like her," Brad said while cleaning his work station.

Instead of answering like a normal person would, Jill decided to call me. Why call someone? I swear, sometimes she acted like a forty year old woman. Although she wasn't aware of that. I looked at Brad, silently asking if it was okay answering it.