blurb

I walk fast down the street carrying my things to my chest tightly. It was my first day of being a freshman at my dream school, University of Pennsylvania and I wanted my first day to not only be memorable but to go smoothly. But seeing as how I was practically running to class because my alarm obliged to go off making me late to class, was causing my stress levels to elevate.

Soon enough, my muscles start to relax as I see my school come into view. I slow down my pace to a breathable pattern and lessen the grip on my books that weren't able to fit into my bag.

I fix my long brown hair, pushing both loose pieces of hair behind my ear. I didn't have time to comb it properly so I can only imagine how knotty it must look. I quickly run my hand through a section, detangling my hair.

I can't believe at how late I am. I wouldn't be struggling right now if my alarm just went off. This wasn't a great impression and this certainly wasn't a smooth start to the day. My professor is surely not going to take this well. I knew I shouldn't have signed up for morning classes.

I knew taking morning classes was going to be the ultimate challenge and test to help prepare me for my dream of becoming an English literature teacher. My love for poetry and tragical romance novels peaked my interested in this field and helped increase my desire to peruse this career. But oh how that was to become a pain.

I check the time on my phone. I had five minutes left until the lecture door would be closed until class was over. I could make it. I pick up my speed and walk faster, my mind going somewhere else.

I feel my shoulder get pushed back roughly and I fall back onto my butt. My books splatter across the ground and I panic. I do not have time for this to be happening.

I shift to my knees and frantically pick up my books not even worrying about the person who was hovering over me.

"Watch where your going next time." A deep male voices speaks.

Watch where I was going? You bumped into me!

Before I could even say anything, the male stranger brushes past me and jogs into the opposite direction.

I don't even bother catching a glimpse of the guy and look at my watch, seeing how much time was already wasted. I had two minutes left. Great.

Frustration takes over my body and I pick up the last of the scattered book. I stand up properly and wipe off any dirt that was on my bare legs. I was frustrated that not only was it this strangers fault that I lost my chance of not being late, but he blamed me for bumping into him and then didn't even help me pick up the books he made me drop.

I subconsciously turn my head in the strangers direction and glare. He was already gone.

All I could see was the print on his book bag as it furthered away in the distance. I squint my eyes as I read out what it said.

"Ashton."