Ch. 1 My Savior

My life consists of this: Getting up, eating whatever food I can, before Father wakes up, getting hit by Father,once he does get up, do my daily thousands of chores, continually get abused by Father, and finally fall asleep at the end of the day in another fury of nightmares. I hate life, I've told myself that thousands of times, Every time I do, I think... Mom wants me to live. Live for life for Mom, not myself. Besides, when does my life matter? Father has told me that I don't deserve to live, millions of times. He always tells me that, but he never does kill me. He makes me suffer, as a punishment  for letting Mom and my brother's deaths are my fault. Because of that small voice in me, I let myself suffer. It would be so easy to just kill myself, but that's too easy.

                   "NICOLE!" Father screamed my name. I'm not sure if he's drunk. If wasn't it wouldn't change his angry mood. I walked up to my Father, obediently. As usual, I didn't say a word.

                    "Not gonna speak, eh!" Father said, was slurring, without a doubt, he was drunk. Either way he'd hit me. I was right. He slapped me right across the face, leaving that stinging sensation. It's usual, so it barely bothers me.

                  "You know what day it is?" Father said, in his drunken tone. I slowly nodded in reply, looktng at the floor. He forcefully grabbed my head, so I was facing him, eye to eye. I gulped, hoping he wouldn't see my fear.

                      "You're sixteen today," Father answered, grinning,"Technically, in my mind, you're an adult. Therefore, I need to take care of you! I don't need to have to look at your ugly face, you slut!"

                    I was about to cry, but held it in, not wanting to be hit. I stood there, unstable to figure out what to do. Father glared at me and hit me, once again.

                           "Get out!' Father yelled. I cowered back. I put my two hands together, and lifting them up in front of my face, to show I was begging him to let me stay.

                          "GET OUT!!!" Father screamed. I quickly ran out.

                          I started bto wander the streets aimlessly. I felt scared and confused. How could he kick me out?!? How will I live? I-I'm so scared. I feit like I didn't have a reason to live anymore. I loved Mom and my brother, but dealing with this is too much. I would much rather die than suffer anymore. I hope Mom would understand.

                         After about an hour, I collapsed in a dark alley and began to cry. I wanted to live, for Mom, but I can't. What if she'll be angry with me? I began to cry more. I kept thinking of how easy it would be to kill myself and how all my problems would be solved, but for some reason I was scared. I had thought of killing myself multiple times, why was I so sad now? I felt faint-headed, so I put my head in my lap and pushed my knees against my chest. I started crying more, silently. I never cried with noise, Father would've beaten me if I did.

                             Suddenly, I heard footsteps. I looked up, with my tearstained face, to see some guy in front of me. He had blond hair, a bit of brown in it. He had mesmorizing blue eyes, and they looked sad. I looked at him with a ray of hope in my eyes. He tried to smile at me, hoping to make me feel better. He slowly reached his hand out. And held his out for me to grab it. He wanted to save me.

                    ______________________________________________________________

vote

          and

                 comment:)