The Daring Rescue

Back at the Junior Knights Academy, Vaughan and Vance were keeping an eye out for any intruders.

"I don't see any intruders around here," Vaughan said.

"Me neither," Vance replied.

In the stables, Sofia was hoping Hugo would get back to save her. "Oh, I hope Merida has already helped Hugo," she sighed.

Outside, Hugo had returned to the stables and saw Vaughan and Vance going back in.

"You'd better be careful, Hugo," Minimus told Hugo. "Those Junior Knights will try to grab you."

"They won't get the chance," Hugo smiled. "Getting caught is part of my plan." He entered the stables.

Vaughan and Vance were next to the stall where Sofia was locked up.

"Well, princess, it looks your handsome prince isn't coming back for you," Vaughan taunted her.

"You fellas are not going to get away with this," Sofia growled.

"We already have," Vance smirked.

Suddenly, the trio heard a certain voice call out, "Not if I can help it!" Vaughan and Vance turned around and saw Hugo courageously standing in front of them.

"Hugo!" Sofia beamed.

"Prince Hugo, you're back to save the princess," Vaughan glared. "That's okay."

"We'll just lock you up," Vance smirked.

"We'll see about that," Hugo smirked back.

Hugo took out his bow and an arrow and aimed it for the lock on the stable.

"Oh, that's a really sharp arrow—it can break through metal," Sofia gulped.

The Junior Knights ducked away as Hugo fired the arrow at the lock. Then Hugo shot a few more arrows until he was out.

"You missed us, and you're out of arrows," Vaughan teased.

"Wasn't even aiming at you," Hugo smirked.

Sofia shook the stall door, which was coming loose. Pretty soon, she broke open the doors.

"Hugo!" Sofia cried, hugging her best friend.

"Are you okay, Sofia?" Hugo asked.

"I'm fine," Sofia answered. "Come on, let's get out of here."