Chapter Two: Facebook Sync?

Chapter Two

Zayn's P.O.V

I examine my watch as I hurry away from the little conflict that just occured. 7:04 I read. Fuc*, I have a minute to get up the stairs and in my seat. Niall has been catching my eye a little more than usual. No, I'm not a fag like him. I'm finally up the stairs but the bell has just rung. Sh*t. Once I enter class I'm greeted by my annoying professor, Mr. Johnson.

"Mr. Malik you're late, again." He states.

I just glare at him and take my seat.

"Detention today and the rest of this week." he consequences. Everyone in the class is silenced and awkward stares find their way to me. He goes through his lesson and soon we're dismissed. I grab my stuff and rush out bumping my shoulder into Niall's.

"I'm sorry." He cowers with fear almost ready to guard himself.

"It's alright." I slightly smile and carry on. What just happened... I never speak to Niall. He rushes away worryingly to his next class. Two more periods until the lunch bell welcomes me. I carry on with my classes doing my work given while the clock teases me with every tick. A few girls keep trying to get my attention to flirt but I only return it with a glare. Finally Maths and chemistry class are done and the lunch bell welcomes me greatly. I trod out and Harry and Louis wrap their arms around my shoulders.

"What's up, mate?" says Harry.

"Detention...this week." I sigh.

"Oi, there's the fag!" Louis points to Niall. Niall hurries away and Liam pulls him into his left arm. I suddenly feel annoyed at the sight.

"Piss off Louis." I bark, pushing Louis and Harry off my shoulder going to queue for lunch.

"What's gotten into you?" Harry questions, grabbing my shoulder.

"On your bike, fool." I spit and leave them dumbfounded.

I'm waiting in queue when Niall and Liam come.

Niall's P.O.V:

"Oi there's the fag!" I hear a familiar voice shoot poison. Liam hangs his arm around me at the sound pulling me in.

"Thanks Liam." I sigh.

"They're douches..." Liam states plainly.

"Let's go get in queue." Liam says. I let him pull me over to the lunch line.

"Hey Niall." a mysterious voice greets. I turn around to see Zayn. Liam glances between us with a cautious expression.

"Erm, hey Zayn." I whisper, hiding slightly more into Liam. He notices and his pupils dilate at the sight.

"Do you need anything?" Liam questions, breaking Zayn's gaze on me.  

"Just getting lunch." Zayn stated plainly.

"Can't argue with that I suppose." Liam replies, turning both our backs to Zayn.

"What was that for?" I ask, looking up at Liam.

"I saw the way you looked at him. I refuse to allow you to even think about dating him." Liam says, almost too firm.  

"Like he'd even date me.... He wouldn't if he was gay... Who would?" I look down at my feet.

"Ey Ni, anyone should be more than happy to date you mate." Liam leans down and plants a kiss on my forehead. With that I feel comforted instantly. My head turns around for some reason and I see Zayn glaring at us. My head snaps back to Liam and we're at the front of the line. Liam releases me to pull out his wallet and order. He orders both of is two orders of chicken quelsadias and just as I'm about to grab my wallet in my back pocket he pays for both of us.