Chapter 1- Opportunity (Unedited)

"She found him there. Face down on the floor, but still breathing...barely. She done the first thing that popped into her head. Called an ambulance and pulled his heavy body into the recovery position. When the paramedics arrived and took him away however, she declined the invitation to go with him. She claimed that his twin brother was already on his way to the hospital, so there was no need for her to go too. Out of a hunch, one paramedic asked her name. She called herself Angel. She didn't give a surname."

" At the hospital, the twin brother was indeed there. While his brother was in being treated, the paramedic asked him about Angel. He told him he had never know someone by that name at any time in his life. So who, or what, was Angel?"

There was a thoughtfull silence. Then one person raised his hand. Bosch slipped his glasses down on his nose. The student who had his hand up was a scruffy lad ( in Bosch's personal opinion anyway), with a mass of curly blond hair masking his eyebrows. He looked tall too. Even at the back of the room he towered above the other students, at least 6 foot.

" Alright then, Goliath. Go ahead." Bosch very much doubted "Goliath" could get even close to an answer. New classes always lacked the imagination to open the possibilities of this scenario. He had no idea what this lad was thinking.

Goliath boy stood, ( defiantly 6 foot,) and cleared his throat.

" First up, my name's Lowe, not Goliath. And second, Angel is what she is."

Bosch took a double take on the boy.

" Oh really? And what do you mean by that?"

" I mean Angel is an Angel."

Bosch nearly fell of his chair. In his late 50's, he was surprised ( and relieved) he didn't just drop dead that moment. But then he saw another hand shoot up in the front row.

This time it was a girl. Long, black hair falling deadly straight on a heart shaped face, completed with blue rimmed glasses gave her an intelligent look. He nodded, giving her permission to speak.

" The details of this case are very similar to that of the Louis Archibald case, aren't they?"

The entire class then erupted into discussion. The bell then rang and the classroom quickly emptied it's contents into the hallway. Bosch sat back in his chair and smiled to himself.

He knew this was going to be an interesting year.

" Hey wait up!"

Lowe Walters only took three steps to catch up with her. She giggled as he fell into step with her.

" I couldn't run away if I tried. You're Lowe, right? I'm Avairy Tyme."

" Yeah, pleasure. Excellent point you had about the Louis Archibald case back there. The details were pretty similar,"

" Pretty similar indeed. Louis has an accident and 999 get a call from a girl claiming to be called " Heaven". The similarities are unreal."

Lowe nodded in agreement. He checked his watch. Lunch. The others had told him to meet them under the Old Oak. He was sure they'd be happy for him to bring a guest.

" Wanna join me and my friends for lunch Avairy?"

She did. They both walked out to the meeting point.

There were two people sitting under the crooked Old Oak tree. Both waved at Lowe when they saw him. He introduced Avairy to them.

" Hello Avairy Tyme. My name is Lisa Isla-Leanne but everyone just calls me Lil."

Lil was a small girl. Just over 5 foot. She had a shoulder length waterfall of wavy auburn hair, matched perfectly by warm chestnut brown eyes. After she had introduced herself, she jabbed her elbow sharply into the ribcage of the boy next to her. He jumped and cried in pain, then mumbled something to Lil. He looked at Avairy.

" Right, sure, hey. I'm Greg Calder."

Lowe and Avairy sat down next to the unusual pair and before they knew it, lunch was over.

Avairy swayed gently from side to side. She watched Bosch talk to the mouthpiece of the phone. He'd been on the phone for ten minutes now. She looked at Lowe, who was next to her. He was running his hand through his messy-as-always hair.

Bosch placed the phone back and gestured for them to come over. Bosch had called them out halfway through the class. It had been almost a full 5 months and Avairy had found she enjoyed the company of Lowe, Lil and Greg often. The four had become an inseparable force inside the school. Avairy and Lowe had also found themselves top of the classes in the school as well.

The two approached the desk in the professor's office. It was a small room, the desk taking up a quarter of it along with a tall bookcase. Every book on the shelves had the word 'Paranormal' on it's spine. Bosch waved them to a pair of chairs in front of the desk. They took one look at the layer of dust gathered on the seats and both decided to stand.

" Suit yourselves. Now about why your here. I received a phone call the other day asking if I could find a pair of suitable volunteers for a very rare opportunity. What do you say?" Bosch raised his eyebrows, waiting for their answer. Lowe spoke first.

" I say what exactly is this opportunity... Sir?" Bosch slid his glasses down his nose.

" Indeed. Well this, my boy, is a work opportunity. You two have been chosen by me to follow a real Paranormal Investgator on a real case. Now what do you say?" Again, Bosch's eyebrows lifted. The two students looked at each other. This time, it was Avairy who spoke for them.

" We say, when do we start?"

" Exelent! You will both start tomorrow. Be at the PIO at 8 AM sharp. The placement lasts the length of the case. Have fun." They thanked Bosch and exited the office fast. Once outside, Lowe put an arm around her shoulder.

" We're going places, kiddo!"

" What?"

" Dunno. I heard that in a film once. Just wanted an excuse to say it." Lowe flashed her a amused grin. Avairy didn't want to encourage his movie quoting, but she couldn't help but laugh. His grin widened (obviously encouraged). Suddenly he stopped on the spot. She turned and looked at him. His green eyes were focused on her. After a few uncomfortable seconds of silence, she finally worked up the voice to talk.

" Lowe? Are you OK?" She tried, and failed, to keep her voice steady. He continued staring. Then he spoke.

" Do you ever get that feeling, where you can't help but think something bad is going to happen?"

" Yeah. Do you have it now?"

" I'm not sure. But something about this seems wrong." He thought for a moment. Shaking his head, nervously laughed.

" Nevermind. It's probably nothing." She wasn't sure she could just forget this conversation. The look on Lowe's face was so serious, almost scared.

Now she had that feeling.