9-1

Jodye

The next day I woke up snotty nosed and crusty eyed from crying yesterday. I quickly tried to wipe my face hoping Rakim hadn't noticed. I turned around to face him and saw him peacefully asleep with his mouth wide open. He looked so cute. He had his face scrunched up as if he were thinking about something, he shifted around a few times, and his eyes popped open. A soft smile came across his face.

"Good morning ", I greeted him. He sent a nod my way.

"Umm, I should get going." I got from his bed and put my shoes on. He sat up against the headboard and rubbed his eyes.

"Aight, you got a ride?"

"Yeah". I needed to see if Ms. Anita could pick me up, I had to talk to her anyway. I didn't want to badger Rakim with anything else. He helped me enough yesterday.

Just as I was walking out his bedroom door, he pulled my arm toward him and turned me around.

"You'll get through this", he kissed me on my forehead and I nodded.

I called Ms. Anita and she told me she was around the way

Her black Nissan pulled up , and I walked down the porch steps of Rakim's home.

"Hey baby, what's going on?" Ms. Anita asked as he drove off.

"A lot. I need to talk to you about Stacey.", she sighed. After I gave her the rundown, she decided it would be best to get her a therapist. What Stacey was going through was beyond us and she needed professional help. Stacey wasn't like this before. But I guess the rape, triggered her in someway.

~

"Be outside in five minutes.", and then he ended the call.

I rushed around my room, trying to find something decent to wear. I already knew where we were going. I just wore my vans with black capris with rips and tears, and a olive green shirt that stopped above my belly button. I threw on my black and white floral print bomber jacket ,and fixed my nose ring. Maybe I'll have time to do some winged liner.

Beeeeep!

Ugh, fuck it, it'll only take a minute. Within that minute, I managed to get my wings straight and neat.

Beeeep!

He was so impatient. I damn near ran outside, I already knew what was coming next.

Beee-

I opened up the car door, before he could finish honking his horn. He sped off going to Yams' house.

"Yams found out about ya moms. She got a hit on her head."

What? That was usually for people who did bad things. Not my mom.

"W-what? for why?"

"I don't know, but we'all find out.

~

The plan was to set up a meeting with the person that had a hit out for my mom. Pretend we had her, but instead gun all of them down to force them to tell us why, so just maybe we'd get a clue on where she was.

"We set?"

"Set."