Proloque

You opened your eyes. A gasp escaped your lips as you felt your stiff muscles move. Your vision was blurry, but after blinking a few times you were able to focus your sight.

As you took a deep breath, you felt an unfamiliar sensation run through you, and you couldn't help but shiver at the feeling. 

You inspected yourself before averting your eyes to your surroundings. You seemed to be in some kind of glass display, the space around you limited so you couldn't exactly stretch your limbs comfortably. Vases, jewelry and golden coins filled the space outside your display, and your eyes widened as they spotted the shimmering objects. . .

With a frown you dropped them, and rose from your crouched position to inspect the glass display you were trapped in.

You didn't recognize any of your surroundings, but on the other hand you barely recalled what had happened as well. You remembered a coffin and two figures standing above you. Pain at the back of your neck, and a really dry mouth...

You inspected your appearance in the reflection of the glass display. Raising an eyebrow at yourself, you scoffed at the outfit you were wearing.  Baggy white cloths were wrapped around your body, kept together by thin pieces of rope wrapped around your wrists, ankles and waist. Your mouth was covered with a mask, and your hair was wrapped in a white turban. You pulled the mask down and took another deep breath. The clothes seemed much cleaner than you had remembered, and you also preferred the color black over white... so why would you have put something like this on?

There were a few more displays next to the glass box you were trapped in, and you noticed more blinking objects were presented under the thick glass covering it. Intrigued by the looks of them, you figured those must have been the real treasures you were looking for. 

But the glass was holding you back, and even as you pushed forcefully against it, it wouldn't even budge under your strength. A knife hidden under your belt came in handy, and you jammed the tip of it right in the middle of the surface. It created a crack, and you forcefully pushed against it once more. You heard the corners crack a bit, but it wasn't enough to shatter the glass. A groan slipped past your lips, and you opted for an elbow instead. With great force you hit the handle of the knife and the glass completely shattered under the impact.

In quick reflexes you covered your head with your arms and you felt the pieces of glass rain down onto you. Once the door was completely shattered, you cautiously stepped over the puddle of shards, grabbing the knife once more and dusting it off.

Now you finally had the space to limber up comfortably, and you stretched with a satisfied groan while walking towards the jewels you had seen.

You turned towards the jewelry, eyes widening just slightly. You couldn't believe you actually woke up in a goldmine. It was worth at least a thousand ducats you guessed. You grabbed a golden vase, filled with gems and golden coins, and suddenly your smile faltered. Your fingertips felt the material and it was in fact not gold. You bit into the object, and grimaced at it. What was it? It didn't feel familiar. It was gritty and bent easily as you tried to curve it.

There were sounds coming from the hallways, and as you walked towards it, you were startled at how big the building actually was. The ceiling towered above you and the hallway was incredibly long. Paintings and works of art were displayed along the walls, and it only fueled the confusion of your whereabouts.

The further you walked down the halls, the louder the noise became. It sounded like some kind of music, but it couldn't have been, you had never heard music as loud as this before.

You quietly walked through the great halls, following your ears towards the source of the sound. When you took a turn, your eyes widened at the sight in front of you. The room was filled with people, and a giant T-rex skeleton was walking around. people didn't even seemed surprised by the creature, on the other hand you recalled seeing people without faces and even statues walking around as well. The dinosaur's roar was mighty and intimidating, and while his presence was intimidating, there was a little kid riding on its back. There were people with thick coats and animal fur, animals, miniature people, and it was overall just unbelievable.