Chapter 3

Mulder was sitting in his room, clutching a photograph in his hand.

Where is she? He kept thinking. Where is Samantha? He traced around her smiling figure in the picture, sadness overcoming his wonder. "I miss you." He murmured.

He set the picture of his sister back on his bedside table when he heard his mother call, "Fox! A friend of yours is here!" He grinned and sprinted down the stairs. "Hey Scully!" He said with his typical goofy grin. Scully's mouth twitched up into a small, warm smile. "Hi Mulder."

They stayed like that, just smiling at each other in silence, before Mulder's mom clasped her hands together and sighed happily. "So what would you guys like to eat? I can make peanut butter sandwiches for you two!"

"Mommmmmm." Mulder groaned, growing a little red. "What if Scully's allergic to peanuts." Mrs. Mulder gasped softly and covered her mouth with her hands. "Oh, darling, are you?"

Scully laughed at their concern and shook her head no. "Not at all. I love peanut butter." Mrs. Mulder smiled and waddled back into the kitchen to make their sandwiches.

"C'mon." Mulder motioned her upstairs. As Scully climbed the stairs, she noticed photographs framed along the wall. She paused after every step to study them. They all seemed normal, but then there was one picture of two little kids sitting next to each other. She recognized the one on the right to be Mulder, but she had know idea who the girl was on the left. She looked a lot like Mulder, probably his sister. As she turned her head to ask him about it, she saw that he already made it up the stairs and was walking into a room, presumably his bedroom.

I'll just ask later. She thought.

As soon as she walked into Mulder's room, she was hit in the face with nothing. But. Aliens. The walls were painted black and it was covered in galaxy, planet, and, of course, alien stickers. His bed had a large green comforter and there were posters covering the wall above it. One really stood out, it was the biggest, and had large words saying: "I WANT TO BELIEVE" 

Along with the room being completely and utterly nerdy, it was quite messy too. Clothes, which Scully presumed to be dirty, were strewn across the floor and his hamper was overflowing. He had small little stains on his walls and his desk... Don't even get me started on his desk. You couldn't even see it! Random papers, books, and pencil shavings did a good job of hiding it. 

"Your room's... Nice." Scully lied, slowly walking into the bedroom. Mulder only chuckled and began to clean his glasses. "I know," He said, putting his glasses back on. "It's filthy." Scully nodded her head, scanning the room until her eyes fell onto a picture of a girl. She looked about six or seven, and looked a lot like Mulder. It must be the same girl I saw earlier. Scully thought. But she decided not to say anything. She barely knew Fox Mulder, she could ask him questions later.

"Alright." Mulder announced, sitting on the bed and motioning Scully to sit next to him. "So Ms. Linger wants us to-"

"Fox!" 

Mulder groaned and threw his head back. "What, mom?" Silence. "Mom?" He shouted again. 

"Fox come downstairs, I can't hear you!"

"Wha- mom, you come up! You called for me first!"

"What? Fox come down!"

His faced heated up in embarrassment as he stood up from the bed. "Sorry." He mumbled to Scully before scampering down do see what his mother needed.

"What is it?" He walked into the kitchen to see three boys. Mulder smiled. "Hey guys!" The boy with long blonde hair waved. "What's up, man?" He shrugged. "Nothing really. But did you guys find a new piece of information about... You know?" The short, stubby boy sighed and rubbed his hands together. "Well, uh, no, but-"

"Mulder?" The boys turned around to see Scully walk into the kitchen. "Damn, Mulder, you never told us you got a girlfriend!" The blonde boy chuckled, causing Mulders face to heat up. "N-No, we're not-"

"She's hot."

"Frohike."

The tallest boy with dark brown hair stepped in front of Scully and held his hand out. "The name's Byers." Scully chuckled and shook his hand. "Dana Scully." She studied his appearance and was taken aback bit. "You dress nice for someone who's friend doesn't even know how to put a shirt on correctly."

"Wha-" Mulder looked down to see his UFO sweater was put on backwards. He groaned and hastily fixed it. "Thanks for waiting to tell me now." He muttered, smoothing it down. Scully laughed and walked towards him so she could be introduced to his other friends. "Scully, this is Langley," He motioned to the blonde boy. "And this," He motioned towards the shortest boy. "This is Frohike."

"It's a pleasure." He said, sending Scully a wink and she rolled her eyes. "They call themselves the Lone Gunmen." Mulder explained, and she raised an eyebrow. "Interesting name."

"But anyways, Mulder," Byers began, frowning a bit. "My dad wants to take down the hideout." Mulder's eyes widened and his mouth hung open. "What?! Why?!?!" Byers shrugged. "I dunno. He just doesn't like it." Mulder groaned and Scully looked at them curiously. "What's the hideout?" 

Langley gasped dramatically. "First he doesn't tell you about us, and then he doesn't even mention the hideout! Mulder, you are clearly a terrible boyfriend." 

"I'm not her boyfriend." He whined, his face still flushed pink from being accused the first time. "Come on," Byers said, beckoning them all to the door. "We'll show you. My house isn't too far."

As they all threw on their shoes and began walking down the street, both Scully and Mulder knew that this day was going to be anything but productive. 

SORRY THIS CHAPTER SUCKED I WAS HAVING SOME WRITTERS BLOCK BUT I FELT LIKE I NEEDED TO PUT A CHAPTER OUT FOR YOU GUYS