Stevidot #2

Steven had seemed to be depressed for a while, his smile slowly turning into a frown as each day had passed by.  His beautiful rose-pink eyes used to shine and light up wonderfully, and his ol' big smile followed it. But now, he seemed to constantly frown and his eyes were darkened, always low. 

This hurt Peridot, she missed that goofball laugh of his and how sweet he was. Peridot used to ask him about it every day of every week,  but after two months, she stopped. This had made Steven even more miserable. Peridot caught Steven sobbing to himself multiple times.  

The gems, Pearl, Amethyst, and Garnet were generally concerned for Rose's boy,  whenever seeing Steven they immediately turned away from his direction and started whispering to each other. But Peridot always ran over to him, and attempted to cheer him up. But like said before, she stopped.

Steven became more depressed as time wore on, eventually not even trying to get out of bed to help with the drill or for a mission, he would only get up to eat or use the bathroom. 

One day, Peridot and the gems sat quietly on the couch, awkwardly. Peridot couldn't stand it anymore and she stood up, walking to the stairs and climbing up them. The gems didn't even notice, just continued to mumble to each other about it, and occasionally once or twice about concerns for the cluster.

Peridot sat by his side at the bed, "Steven," she whispered his name. Steven looked over at her worried face,  saying nothing though. "I'm..worried about you, so are the crystal gems." she said softly. Steven's eyes lowered, looking into her eyes and opened his mouth to speak, but immediately closed it seconds after.

Peridot sighed, "what's been going on?"  Steven finally answered, quietly, though.

"I...I went to Connie's right?" He told Peridot. She nodded, continuing to look at him. "Well.." He continued, "I asked her out, I was so proud to but then..she told me that she was aromantic..and we couldn't be together."

Peridot spoke,  "That's it?--" 

Steven cut her off immediately, "No. It..It isn't."  

Peridot perked up, "Oh?" 

"She..she doesn't want to be friends anymore," he sighed, "but she still goes over to dad's to talk to him about human problems."

Peridot immediately stood up, "WHERE IS THIS CONNIE?" She ran down the stairs, startling the CGs, and opened the door, running out.  Steven yelled and ran after her, "Peridot!! No!!"  She immediately stopped,  turning around.

"Why??" she questioned, "She hurt you!"

"I don't want you to hurt her in return.." he said

"Oh.." she spoke.

"Yknow what," Peridot asked, "We can be best friends."

"Really?" he exclaimed

"Mhm!" Peridot hugged him lovingly.

"Thanks." Steven whispered

"You're welcome." she answered, saying it quietly into his shoulder while hugging him, they were going to be the best  of friends..