Chapter 5: Blank

I lay on my bed blank minded. I've skipped 2 weeks of school and no one seemed to bother checking on me. It's not like I expect it though. My mom hasn't even checked on me but I'm sure she forgot about me with here head not screwed on right. Everything is so quiet. All I hear is my heart beat.

I finally get up and I walk to the bathroom. I start the shower and sit on the floor. I was just so weak. I could barely get my clothes off. My body ached as I crawled in the tub. I sit there as the water hit my pale skin. I slowly wash up then turn the shower off. I walk to my room and get dressed. I look at the time and it's 5:30 in the morning. I decide that I'm going to school just to get out of the house but then remember it's a living hell.

I go outside to get some fresh air and walk around. I walk in the woods behind my house and it's so beautiful. Everything is just so quiet. No one can hurt me. No one can leave me. It was just me and nature.

As I walk deeper into the woods my mind was just blank. No bad thoughts and no demons in my head. I began to think how much better life was here. Alone. I didn't like to be alone, but I  had no one anyway, and this alone was different. It wasn't a loneliness that I wanted to get out of, it was a loneliness I wanted to stay in.

I realized it was dark and I didn't want to go back. I didn't want to go back to the bullying and the hatred towards me. I wanted to run away. So that's what I did. No one would try to find me. No one would care. They don't even realize I'm not even at school.

I sit against a tree and I look at the sky. I was black with beautiful specs of light. I then look at the moon. A bright smile in the sky. It glowed on everything below it, making everything look even more beautiful. I slowly fall asleep to the amazing view.

I wake up to the feeling of someone watching me. I sit up and look around. "Who's there?" I say. I hear a little noise behinds a turn around. It was a black dog. I look close and I see it's a wolf. It was strange to see one by itself. It must have got left behind by its pack.

For some reason I'm not scared. For some reason I feel a connection between us. We were both left behind and unwanted.

I slowly take a couple of steps toward him. "It's ok boy," I say in soft words. He takes a couple of steps and stops. I sit down and hold my hand out so he can sniff it. He waits a little while unsure then walks up slowly and sniffs it. I reach my hand up slowly to try and pet him but he still hasn't excepted me. He sniffs a little more and I try again. This time he lets me scratch his head. He scoots closer to me and I can tell he likes me petting him because his tail is waging like crazy.

I rub the side of him and he is so skinny. His eyes weren't wild, but loving and kind. He wasn't young but not old either. His fur was midnight black, but it was beautiful.

We sat there for a while as I scratched his back, tummy, and head. "Hey boy, what should I call you? What about John?" He didn't look at me so I took that as a no. "What about Ron?" Still nothing. "What about Tyler?" On that one I got a look with a tail wag. "Ok your name is Tyler!" I pet his head and smiles. I finally had a real friend.