"Yeah, your the son of Zira. But it's something about you Kovu that I think false. It's like to me you really belong here..."

I don't know where I belong...

"Come on. Let's go back home!" She smiles, standing up.

I follow beside her back to Pride Rock. The sun slowly goes down.

Next day, morning...

Last night Simba allowed me to sleep inside the cave with the pride. I was shocked at first. I was thinking, "Is he serious?" Or "Why is he being nice now all of a sudden?" Today morning I got up with a stretch and walked out of the cave sighing. I had a sad, lost expression on my face.

I'm madly in love with Kiara. There, I said it. But I don't know how to break it to down to her. Every time I look at her eyes I get off track. They're so beautiful. Mother wouldn't like me falling in love with one of the enemies though.

Ugh!

"Okay. I have to tell her today. Oh... where do I start? Kiara... Zira had a plot and I was part of it. But I don't wanna be, because...it's because I love you." I sigh and look down at my paws. "Oh, she'll never believe me. But I gotta try."

I turn around and go back  into the cavern, where Kiara and Simba are waking up.

"Kiara... I need to talk to you."

Simba sternly, "Kiara... I don't want you talking with him." Then his voice softens. "I want to talk with him."

Kiara's face brightens. Simba winks at her. He and I go out and down Pride Rock onto the savannah. Simba takes me where we are walking through the newly burnt section of the Pride Lands. He begins telling me a story about Scar. A story COMPLETELY different from Zira. This story makes a lot of sense now.

"Scar couldn't let go of his hate... and in the end, it destroyed him." Simba says.

"I've... never heard the story of Scar that way. He truly was a killer." I said.

"Fire is a killer. Sometimes, what's left behind can grow better than the generation before..."

Simba puts his paw down and raises some dust. When he lifts it, a young plant is there. The two of us lean down, head to head.

"...If given the chance." Simba finishes.

We hear an evil chuckle from the dust surrounding us. I gasp realizing what's happening. Many dark lionesses appear from the clouds of dust, surrounding us. The lionesses' eyes glow a bright, sinister yellow.

"No... oh, no... no...." I look around backing up, shaking my head.

It's mother...

"Why, Simba..." She smiles, evilly.

"Zira." He frowns.

"What are you doing out here and so alone?" The outsider lionesses encircle Simba and I. "Well done, Kovu... just like we always planned."

Simba turns to me. "You!"

"No! I didn't have anything to do with this!" I claim.

"Attack!" Mother shouts.

"No!"

The lionesses attack. Simba is fighting off several at once. I try to help Simba, but im battered off by a lioness and falls to the side, hitting my head on a rock. Simba is thrown to the bottom of a ravine. Lionesses slide down the slope towards him.

"Yes! We've got him!" Mother cheers.

Vitani and the other lionesses attack again, forcing Simba to flee down the canyon.

"Remember your training! As a unit!" Mother reminds.

Simba is trapped. He tries to climb up the walls of the canyon, using the piled up logs to gain purchase. I got up from  unconscious and rush to where Simba is now above me on the ledge.

"Simba!" I call.

Mother looks at me with hope in her eyes. "Get him! Kovu! Get him! Do it now!"

Nuka jumps from the crowd.

"I'll do it for you, Mother!" He bounds up the logs, laughing. "Mother are you watching?" Softly, to himself "I'm doing it for you... and I'm doing it for me!"

Nuka chases Simba up a slope with several broken logs strewn across it. Just as Simba reaches the top, Nuka grabs his ankle.

"This is my moment of glory!"

The log on which Nuka has his rear paw breaks, causing Nuka to lose his grip on Simba's ankle and begin to fall. Simba reaches the top, but the pile of logs rolls down the slope with Nuka among them. They all land in a heap at the bottom of the ravine. Nuka lies trapped under a large log. He looks up to the top of the slope to see one final log rapidly falling in his direction. He grimaces, terrified, as the log hits him. I rush down to help free Nuka, but I am swatted aside by mother, who pulls enough logs aside to see Nuka's face.

"Nuka..." Her eyes sadden.

Nuka is gasping for air and coughing. "I'm sorry, Mother... I tried..."

"Ssshh."

"Well... I finally got your attention, didn't I.."

Zira smiles tenderly at him and cradles his face in her paw.

"Didn't I..."

Nuka dies. Vitani appears next to Zira on the edge of the logs.

"Nuka..." She says, while her eyes fill up with tears.

The lionesses are gathered in a memorial to Nuka.

"Scar... watch over my poor Nuka." Mother said. She then turns to my angry. "You!"

Mother swats me across the face with outstretched claws.

I yell. "Aghhh!!!"

I look away in pain, but soon turn my head, glaring at mother. She recoils at the sight, shocked. I now have a scar over my left eye just like Scar's. Mother recovers quickly.

Mother menacingly, "What have you done?"

"I-I-I didn't mean to... it-it-it wasn't my fault, I..." Then I forcefully say, "I did nothing!"

"Exactly! And in doing so, you betrayed your pride... betrayed Scar!"

"I want nothing more to do with him!" I shout.

"You cannot escape it! Nuka is dead because of you!"

"No."

"You've killed your own brother!"

"No!"

I turn and run out from among the pride, many of whom are growling and snarling at my departure. I run back to Pride Rock hoping that Simba is alright and to apologize for my mother's set up.

All the animals are gathered around Pride Rock. I walk up closer. A cheetah turns around and glare at me.

"It's Kovu. What's he doing here?"

Giraffes look down at me also glaring. "That's Kovu."

"Look at that scar... I can't believe he's here. That's Kovu?" Other random animals are saying.

What's going here?

Why is everyone angry at me??

"Kovu!" I hear Kiara happily call.

Simba snarls and jumps forward, cutting her off. I approach down the narrow aisle between the congregated animals.

"I never trusted him... It's the Outsider... it's that little troublemaker..." Said another random animal.

I stop and  growling at the animal then continue my walk.

"Why I oughtta... let me at 'im! Let me at 'im!" Said Timon. He looks at Pumbaa. "Here, hold me back."

Pumbaa nods. "Okay!"

Timon held back by the tail, "Let me at 'im! Let me at 'im!"

"Okay!" Pumbaa lets go of Timon's tail.

Timon lurching forward; turning back to Pumbaa}, "I think you're missing the basic point here."

"Uh..."

Another random animal. "What's he doing here?... He doesn't belong here... Look at that scar on his face... He looks just like Scar..."

Simba stands angrily and ask, "Why have you come back?"

I look confused. "Simba... I had nothing to do with-"

"You don't belong here."

"Please... I ask your forgiveness."

Kiara takes a step forward to her father's side. "Daddy, please... listen to him!"

Simba looks at Kiara. "Silence!" He then looks back down to me. "When you first came here, you asked for judgment..."

Another random animal. "Give him what he deserves!"

"And I pass it now."

Another random animal. "Kick him out! That's right! Judgment day is here!"

"Exile!"

Kiara gasps. "No!"

Another random animal. "Exile him! Exile! Exile!"

Kion stands behind Kiara smirking at me.

Guess he finally won...

"No! ...Kovu!" Kiara calls.

I am driven from Pride Rock at hornpoint.

The animals are singing, "Deception, Disgrace. Evil as plain as the scar on his face. Deception, An outrage. Disgrace, For shame! He asked for trouble the moment he came. Deception, An outrage! He can't change his stripes! Disgrace, For shame! You know these Outsider types! Evil as plain as the scar on his face. See you later, agitator! Deception , An outrage. Just leave us alone! Disgrace, For shame! Traitor, go back with your own!He asked for trouble the moment he came. See you later, agitator! Born in grief. Raised in hate. Helpless to defy his fate. Let him run. Let him live. But do not forget. What we cannot forgive. And he is not one of us. He has never been one of us. He is not part of us. Not our kind."

I am hounded from the Pride Lands. As I run, I see my reflection in a pool that change to Scar.

The animals continue singing, "Someone once lied to us. Now we're not so blind. For we knew he would do what he's done. And we know that he'll never be one of us."

A antelope sings, "He is not one of us. Deception..."

A zebra sings, "Disgrace..."

"Deception..."

"Disgrace..."

"Deception..."

They repeat.

I wander into the desert.

Simba is disappointed in me...

Mother is disappointed me...

Then there's Kiara.

Kiara...

I sit down in the middle of the desert and cry a tear.

I am so confused...