6

Avi held his head in his hands while the meeting dragged on. He wasn't really paying attention, and he just nodded or shook his head whenever he was spoken to.

"Well, Avi made a suggestion to me this morning, that I think you might like to hear," Scott told their manager.

Avi jumped a little and took his head away from his hands. "Do what?"

Scott turned his head and smiled. "Oh c'mon Avi. You know what I'm talking about."

Avi rubbed his eyes and looked back up at their manager. "I suggested that maybe we could tour with the Home Free guys, Voice Play, and even The Acoustikats, along with Jeremy."

Avi twisted the wedding ring on his finger, suddenly drifting off to thoughts of Tim.

"Are you crazy?" Their manager suddenly spoke. Avi's head snapped up in his direction, ready to defend his idea. "Do you know how different their style and sound is compared to yours? If the fans knew you guys were on tour with them, ticket sales would most like go down instead of up."

Avi shook his head, thinking that the argument was completely ridiculous.

"Their style and sound is just as good, probably even better, than ours. Doing this would mean that I get spend time, and tour, my husband. Kirstie would be able to tour around with Jeremy. We would all have a great time, they're a fun bunch of people."

"So you'd sacrifice the money and sales just for that?" The manager shot back.

"Maybe he's right, Avi," Mitch interjected.

"No," Avi retorted, his voice catching in his throat. "It's an amazing idea. All you're caring about is the money. But it isn't 'all about the money.' We're supposed to have fun on tour. I'm sure we'd have a blast with all of those groups. Their fans could become fans of ours, and our fans could become fans of theirs. How is that a bad idea?"

He stayed silent. He had no comeback for Avi that made sense. He could keep on about the money and ticket sales, but that would be pointless.

"And let me tell you something,"Avi began. He stood and walked to the door, putting his hand on the door knob so he could walk out right after he finished.

"I'd rather spend months with a group of people who know how to have fun and lose ticket sales, rather than spend months with people who are self-centered assholes who care for nothing but money and alcohol."