Chapter 5 - The Purple Dagger of Windhelm

The light from the window in the Woodsman's room was nipping at my face, as I opened my eyes, blinded, I got up, and walked downstairs. Once I got downstairs, everybody was eating without me."Typical," I said under my breath, reaching the last step of the stairs onto the cold wood floor."Goodmorning Wirt," said Greg, as he scarfed down his food."Goodmorning everyone," I said delighted, as I sat down and began to eat my breakfast.

After breakfast, we had packed our stuff, only to find out that the Woodsman would be taking us to Windhelm, and from then on, we were on our own."You didn't think you were going to Windhelm alone, did you?" He asked Laughing, and he went on,"You wouldn't make it half a mile," He said rudely."Thanks," I said angrily.

Later that Morning, all of our supplies were packed, and the Woodsman had sad goodbye to Anna, we took of for Windhelm in search of The Purple Dagger.

"So what is this Purple Dagger supposed to look like?" asked Greg walking next to the Woodsman, looking at him."Well its Purple, and it's a Dagger, I don't know, I am forbidden to look at it, only Wirt can," said the Woodsman in disgust."Why is that," I asked confused."Because I was the lamp bearer, I was his servant, I can't destroy it," said the Woodsman."I see, I said confused, but understanding, very slowly. Nobody talked until we passed Potsfield.

"Hey, it's Potsfield," said Greg happily running towards Potsfield."Greg, Wait," said Beatrice and I simultaneously, but Greg had already took off, like usual."Just let the poor kid go already," said the Woodsman, smiling at Greg. We followed Greg through the corn fields, and into the barn, we're we met the skeleton's last time.

When we approached the Barn, we could here Music coming from the inside. When we stepped into the barn, we saw Greg dancing under the sunlight, seating through cracks in the Barn. As I took a couple of steps into the Barn, the music stopped, everyone stopped dancing to look at us three standing in the doorway."Wirt, Beatrice, Woodsman," said the Giant Pumpkin in dispise of the Woodsman."Were just here to get Greg," I said nervously, to the Giant Pumpkin."Don't be silly, Greg isn't hurting anyone, and he's a wonderful dancer," said the Giant Pumpkin creepy like."No, we really must go," I said grabbing Greg's arm, and quickly walking out of the Barn."Come on Wirt, I was dancing," Greg said sadly, following Wirt out of the Barn.

"So we're is this, Dagger," asked Beatrice, walking out of the Barn without looking back at the Pumpkin People."It's two minutes away, past this town, the only problem is... We have to go through the Darkest Part of the forest," the Woodsman said casualy."Why can't we just go around the for-" said Wirt, but the Woodsman cut him off."Once your in the forest, there is no getting out, or going around it, Boy," the Woodsman said, as if he didn't know my name."Onward, through the forest and to Windhelm," said Greg, as he picked up Jason Funderburker and started to walk towards the forest.

About two minutes into the walk through "the Darkest Part of the forest," I heard a very faint sound. It wasn't just a sound, it was a scream, from a girl."Did you guys here that?" I asked nervously."No, are you stupid?" Beatrice yelled angrily."Well at least I didn't turn my whole family in to Bluebirds," I said even louder."Both of you, Stop! It's the forest, it's driving you mad," said the Woodsman nervously."We have to go, said Greg running out of the forest, before he went mad. We all followed after him, till we saw a light, or exit to the forest."Hey, it's the end of the forest," I said surprisingly."Shut Up! You don't know anything," said Beatrice running beside me. Before I could shout back at here, we went through the opening, and we're out of the forest."What just happened?" I asked staring at everyone."I don't know, but what I do know is that, that is Windhelm," the Woodsman said, pointing at the town ahead of us.

After a long walk down the hill, we finally were at the Gate of Windhelm.
"Greg, why don't you knock on it," I said looking at the four story high gate."You don't knock, you idiot, you push it open," said the Woodsman as he pushed open the Gate. As soon as the Gate opened, three guards were pointing there swords at us."Umm-
"We need a place to stay, and some food," said the Woodsman, cutting me off, which I'm glad he did."Let the through," said the guard in the middle.

Walking through Windhelm, I started to notice that it was very medieval, there were blacksmiths, and shops, and butchers, but we had to focus on the task at hand."What now?" asked Greg looking around at all of the places in the town."You steal the purple Dagger under the cover of night, and I'll be on my way, your on your own now," said the Woodsman, turning around, and leaving Windhelm."Wait, you didn't tell us were it is!" I said screaming at him."Check your pocket," the Woodsman said without turning around to look at me. I pulled back my cape, and reached into my pocket, to find a map of were to find the Dagger.

Night fell over the town, and we had just got rooms in a hotel, right next to the hidden tunnel were we would find the dagger.

Sneaking out of the hotel was easy, but climbing through the hidden tunnel was tough."This is so Gross," Beatrice said walking through spider webs, and stepping in muddy puddles."Calm down, I can see the end of the tunnel from here," said Greg agitated. We approached the light at the end of the tunnel. I climbed out first into a tunnel in the shape of a box, and in the middle of the floor was overgrown plants, and weeds. I took a step forward and kicked something on the ground by accident. There it was, the Purple Dagger of Windhelm. I reached down, moving the overgrown plants, picking up the Dagger to find out how heavy it was."I got it," I said waving the dagger around in the air."What now?" asked Beatrice. I shrugged, and we started to walk back, out of the tunnel, and we're all wondering were our journey would take us next...