episode i, scene ii: love kills slowly

Start from the beginning

Anakin raised his hands up in defense, immediately explaining so that his friend's suspicions would be calmed. "I told you earlier today that I felt someone that was strong with the force, someone who was in danger and needed help. So I snuck out of the temple and I was led to her." He paused for a moment to observe Obi-Wan's reaction. The older Jedi eyed them suspiciously, as though he didn't fully believe what his padawan was saying. Belén stood by in silence. She didn't want to say anything that could get the two of them in trouble, even though they had done nothing wrong. Anakin soon continued, "The force is strong with her, I can feel it." He gestured to the blonde standing next to him, clad in a dark brown and rain soaked Jedi robe. He placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. He would do everything in hos power to help her, even if he was just a padawan. He knew just how rough life could be for some people, since he had been a slave in his home planet of Tatooine. 

Since both teenagers were sopping wet, droplets of water were falling onto the floor, forming a puddle at their feet and wetting the clean white marble floor around them. Belén pulled her hair out of her face subconsciously, if only to have something to do and keep distracted. She also thought that if Obi-Wan could get a good look at her, how afraid she was after the whole incident, and that she meant no harm, he would know that Anakin wasn't lying. Or perhaphs he would feel sorry for her and would let her stay. She had nowhere else to go and the temple was the only place she could be safe from the Sith.

Obi-Wan sat up in his bed, propping himself up on his arms as he began to scold his padawan. "You are not supposed to leave the temple at any time, under any circumstances. Especially without permission." He said.

Anakin sighed. "I know. But I didn't go out to do something bad, and its a good thing I found her in time. The Sith want her." He furrowed his eyebrows in anger at the mention of the Sith and the way they had tried to kidnap her when he arrived to her rescue. 

That seemed to catch Obi-Wan's attention. He quickly pushed himself off his bed and asked, "The Sith?" He looked from Belén, to Anakin, and then back to Belén. Now he was watching her carefully, his eyes trained on her, studying her as though she were a foreign specimen that he'd never seen before. Belén blushed as she began to feel subconscious at the fact that he was staring at her for so long and her green eyes looked away, focusing on the window that looked out into the Coruscant night sky. Snapping her out of her thoughts, Obi-Wan urged them, "We should get her to the council at once. If the Sith are so desperate to find her, then she must be the final piece to the prophecy. This confirms what we were all fearing." He said the last sentence under his breath, somewhat lost in his own thoughts. When he said we, he had been talking about himself, and the rest of the Jedi council. He continued murmuring thoughts to himself as he walked from one end of the room to another, adjusting his robe, and then grabbing his light saber off the bedside table. It was always within his reach, even when he was sleeping.

"The prophecy?" Belén wondered, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. 

Anakin whispered an explanation to her, "There's an old Jedi prophecy which states that the chosen one will bring balance to the force." With a proud smile on his face, he added, "They say that its me."

"We don't know that for sure yet." Obi-Wan countered.

The proud smile on his face was wiped clean off by his mater's words and replaced by a scowl which he tried hard to hide. 

Belén was lost through the entire conversation that was taking place.

Sensing her confusion, as well as seeing it on her face, Obi-Wan offered, "I'll explain everything at the council meeting." As he left the room in a hurry, he instructed Anakin to meet them in the council meeting room once they had changed into some dry clothes. "I need to gather all the members together." He finished.