Chapter three

Ice Princess

Chapter three

Recap:

After that slightly disgusting encounter we ended up at the store I've longed for since I was told I was a witch.

The wand store.

The door opened to a library-like area that looked like dust hadn't ever been invented.

*******************************^^*******************************

As I looked around a short, slightly plump man came out of the clinically clean 'library' which I now saw was actually shelves full to the roof with thin boxes. He gave me a quick look-over before mumbling something I could not hear and walking back to where he came from. After a few minutes he returned with one of the boxes and handed it to me without a single word. He stood back as I opened the box and took out the wand inside, but as soon as the wand was in my hand it was snatched away and the man had yet again disappeared into the depths of the shop. This pattern repeated again and again and again, he would bring out a box but as soon as I touched it he would tale it back. After trying out what felt like half of the wands in the store we were all starting to get impatient, I could tell from the more and more frequent sighs from Freja and the fact that the wands came out slower as I worked my way through the store and the time before they were ripped from my hands lessened. After a few more wands the short wizard gave up and told me to call my own wand. In return he got a very confused look from me and started explaining.

"To call your wand you must empty your mind and only think about a wand. Try to picture it in front or you, it doesn't matter how it looks in your mind, just focus on a wand."

I felt quite silly as I closed my eyes and imagined a wand. Since the only wand I had seen so far was Freja's I concentrated on hers and after a few minutes inward a faint whoosh and two shocked gasps.

Opening my eyes I found myself looking upon the two most beautiful things I had ever seen.

The first wand was made out of gold, with vine-like marks of- was that ice?-along the length of it. It was magnificent and as soon as I touched it a warmth spread through my arm and continued to my chest. I tried waving the wand around and golden sparks flew out from the end.

Then I turned to the other box. The wand inside was also beautiful and was made out of something that looked like ice with golden patterns. After taking a closer look I saw that the pattern was the same on both wands. The same warmth spread through my body at touch and waving this wand around also produced golden sparks though the were a shade or two darker.

Even the boxes were out of the ordinary. The box for the gold wand was made out see-through ice and just like the second wand it had the vines in gold. The box for the ice wand matched the gold wand as it was made out of gold with ice vines. They were beautiful.

That's when I remembered the two other people in the shop and as I turned around I saw them both with their jaws still on the floor. Freja was the first one of them to manage to shut her mouth, but not for long as it opened almost immediately again.

"Do you know what you just did?" was the first words that came through her mouth.

"I called my wand. I think. But why did it come two of them? They match and both feel good to use." I answered confused.

This time mr Hansson, as I had learned the wand-maker was named, was the one to speak up. "Those two wands are legendary. They have been in this shop since it was founded. It was originally built for them. They were found deep within the mountains that make up the area around your new school and are believed to have belonged to the witch and quests who in the ancient times founded it. It is said that no one would ever be able to use either one of them. So how come you can use both?"

"Am I supposed to know the answer to that? I only found out earlier today that I'm a witch!"

"Of course we don't expect you to know about the wands! You were just introduced to the wizarding world. not every wizard knows about these wands. I only know because I am the closest in line to the deputy headmistress and the headmaster!"

"Anyways, if they're legendary they can't be for me to use, right?" I said reluctantly. I had never owned anything of value, heck I'd never owned anything at all! So even though I wanted the wands I was sure they wouldn't let me keep them.

"Of course you'll have them! They choose you for a reason though I sure wonder about why." mr Hansson quickly replied reassuringly.

I could hardly believe my ears. These wands were wonderful, and according to mr. Hansson they were mine!!!

That's when another thought struck me, I don't have any money of my own to buy these wands. If they're legendary they mist be expensive as #ell!

"But I don't have the money, aren't these super expensive?"

"No my dear, these wands were thought never to have a master, therefore it was decided they would not have a price. However it was also decided that IF the true master of any of the two came here and the wands responded to that witch or wizard, they would receive it, or maybe I should say them now, as a gift. So like I said, these wands do not have a price. They were sealed away by charms so that only their true master could find them. The answered to you, therefore they are yours." Mr. Hansson replied, smiling

To be honest, I could've fainted right there and then but lucky for me I didn't.

A/n:

Yay, the iPod works^_^ So I uploaded as soon as I could. I hope you like it.

I want atleast three votes for the next upload