9

Omniscient
February 21, 2015
Sunday | 1:45 a.m.

KING had finally gotten Ava to lay down. She was fighting her sleep a lot lately and it was making him restless. Walking out of the bedroom he walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

Pulling out his phone he played his voicemail's. Many of them were from frequent clients looking to get some sessions at his studio. He heard the lock click on the front door and in came Kyara after a Saturday night out with Akira.

She walked in and tossed her keys on the dinning room table before setting the heels that she was carrying down.

"Had fun?" She jumped and grabbed her chest.

"Do you have to creep up on me like that."

"My bad."

"To answer your question it was a complete waste of my time. The line was long and then once we got in there it was just beyond chaotic." She shrugged and sat down across from him. Leaning her head

"That's why I stopped hitting up the club." His eyes wondered up and down her body.

"I guess the club life is played out for me now. What you doing still up?"

"Took me forever to get Ava to sleep and now I can't."

Kyara laughed. "You give in too easily."

"What you mean?"

"She has you wrapped around her little fingers. Ava is very advanced for her age." Kyara stood up and walked to the kitchen pouring herself a glass of lemonade and vodka.

KING stood and walked over to the kitchen island and took a seat on one of the stools.

"How she got me wrapped around her fingers?" He asked as KY downed her drink.

"You tell her no and as soon as she puckers them little lips or make that sad face you give in. You must not see the little face she make when you give in. A sly smirk and raised eyebrow. The girl is a genius." The two laughed.

"Man I'm gone have to pay close attention to her now then."

KING shook his head and thought about what KY had said. Ava was pretty advanced for her age and he hated to see her cry. She must've figured out how to get him to give in so easily and now runs with it.

"You want a drink?" KY poured herself half a glass this time.

"That fruity ass drink you got. Hand me the bottle of henny and that cranberry juice in the fridge."

"Just because mines taste better doesn't mean it doesn't have the same effect." She laughed and got him what he wanted.

"If you a light weight then yea."

KY smacked her lips and rolled her eyes. While KING poured mixed himself a drink she studied him. His skin was smooth and facial hair was perfectly lined. She even noticed the way his forhead wrinkles. Shaking away her thoughts she finished her drink.

"Not that it's any of my business but did you hear anything from Ava's mother?"

KING downed his first drink at the thought of his baby mother. "She locked up. Doubt she be out anytime soon this year. Speaking of locked up. When I'm gone get this shit off of my leg?"

"Hopefully in two weeks. Then you can go back to your normal lifestyle. With Ava involved this time." KY smiled.

"Damn just kick us out why don't you." He laughed when KY smile dropped and she shook her head.