“Ugh, some idiot has parked in front of our gate.” Mel groaned. “The bastard better move soon. Ben’s meant to be here in 10 minutes.” I rolled my eyes. So Brad wasn’t here to pick her up? Hmm. “Hey Cam.” She said walking into the kitchen in her high heels. “I just cleaned the floor!” I wailed. I suddenly looked at myself to see my reflection in the kettle. “Wow, I sound like my mum.” I widened my eyes shaking my head. “Can you go ask as the jack ass to move the car?” Just as I was about to fight her to claim I didn’t feel like seeing Brad tonight she said, “Broken plate!” Man up Cam, you don’t want to be grounded for another month do you?

I sighed ripping off my apron and pulling on one of my jerseys hanging on the hangers in the hall way and slipped on my converses. I wasn’t looking attractive in my joggers and tank top anyway. Yes it was cold outside, but the house was always kept toasty warm. I opened the gate seeing Brad sitting in the car. He opened the window. “You’ve got to move.” I stated leaning pulling the jersey more around me.

“Why? You’re dad getting pissed.” He asked raising his eyebrow. I staggered out a breath more like mother. “I came to get you actually.”

“Me?” I asked shocked straightening out a little bit. “I told you I’ll let you have another drive.” He said shrugging and unlocking the car. “Hop in.” I spared a glance back to the warm house as the breeze started hitting my exposed collar.

“Cant.” I stated pointing with my thumb to the house, “on lock down. Something to do with coming home late…I don’t know.” I shrugged. Gold smirked at me scratching his head.

“You’re parents locked you up too? Mine were fed up with this. All they said to me was ‘your usual’ and that was it.” I looked at Brad cocking an eyebrow. Something about his facial expression had me leaning in closer completely confused and shocked to see that this was the same boy I hated since the beginning of school. “What’s your usual?” I wondered out loud as he gave me the most crooked and charming smile I had ever seen on him. “Come and take a ride with me and you’ll find out.”

Once again I glanced to the house standing tall and proud. I could just make out Mel in her room with the light turned on and talking on the phone curling her blonde hair around one finger. “Come on Cam. Your parents won’t realize if you’re gone for an hour.” Gold had a point there. They weren’t even at home; they were at some yacht party about 2 hours away from here.

From the corner of my eye, I could see that Mel had just noticed me and that put a smile to my face. I opened the door and saw lights coming my way and instantly Mel was running down the steps. I quickly slipped in the same second she ran out. “Drive!” I said quickly patting him on the shoulder. Within seconds he had zoomed off and disappeared down the road leaving the driving up car behind and Mel standing in the soft lights of the gate completely shocked.

“Sister?” Brad questioned pressing on the gas more.

“Eh, nah, more of a really, really annoying care keeper.” I said smirking to myself. That was easy. And what is she going to tell Harold? She got into some strangers car? Please, he’d hold her responsible for letting me do that.

“Great.” He laughed shifting the gear stick and pushing the air further and further to the limit as he opened the roof. “Time to celebrate.” He laughed. I couldn’t help unbuckling myself and standing up. I had never done this before. “WHOOOOOH!” I yelled putting my hands in the air as I stood in the freezing breeze. Brad laughed by my side just driving faster and faster down the road.

Gold came to a rolling stop by a lit up café as he closed the car. I hoped out not bothering to open the door and came to join him at the front of the car. “Don’t judge.” I said lifting my finger as he took in my clothes. Gold lifted his hands in respect. “Not judging. You look ok.” He said giving me an ok sign winking. I rolled my eyes slapping the back of his cap down. “Shut up.” I grumbled hearing his laugh. Gold didn’t comment and he opened the glass door for me as a gush of coffee sent hit me directly in the nose like a bitch slap to the face.