Chapter 2

"So here's what I've been thinking" Kaz says when he arrives to the lab.

"Oh no, this can't be good" Bree says and Kaz gives her a dirty look.

"Anyway, I was thinking that maybe we should use someone as a bait and then capture Roman and Riker" Kaz explains, obviously proud that he had thought of something somewhat smart.

"Like I said, no good" Bree says.

"What do you mean? It's a great plan" Kaz tries to defend himself.

"And how were you going to capture them? Last time I checked they can change forms and they can easily escape from a cage" Oliver says matter of factly. Kaz is about to say something but since he has no better idea he closes his mouth.

"Actually I think that Kaz is onto something" Chase says.

"Maybe we could make the 'cage' by using unbreakable glass" He continues and starts making models with Mr. Davenport's high tech devices.

"That's a good idea but who will be the bait and how we get them into the cage?" Skylar questions.

"I can be the bait!" Bree volunteers. Roman and Riker had been really good looking so why not be the damsel in distress.

"That's not gonna work since they don't want you, they want those three" Chase points out.

"Bummer" Bree says. Kaz can't help but feel a little bit jealous, not that he would ever admit it. Few weeks ago when they had their first encounter with them Bree had been all over the two guys. That was enough for Kaz to hate them even more.

"How about Skylar?" Bree asks.

"No way, that's too dangerous!" Oliver exclaims.

"Calm down Oli-pop. I think she can defend herself" Kaz says.

"Yeah, I'll be fine" Skylar says and rubs reassuringly Oliver's left arm.

"Are you sure?" Oliver asks, worry evident in his voice.

"I'm sure. Don't worry" Skylar says and gives him a small smile.

"When you two lovebirds are ready we should make a plan" Chase says and both Skylar and Oliver turn completely red.

"We are not.." Oliver starts but Kaz cuts him off by saying 'yeah, right'.

"Since Skylar is the bait she will go there first and the rest of us could go there in two pairs because that way we aren't as easy targets as we would be in group but we still wouldn't be alone. And since they also want Oliver and Kaz they shouldn't go together so I can go with Oliver and Bree can go with Kaz. Thereby there is one bionic heroe and one superhero in one pair" Chase explains.

"Sounds good" Kaz says, truly happy that he was paired up with Bree.

"Fine by me" Bree says with smile and Oliver just groans since he still doesn't like the idea that Skylar will be the bait.

-----------------------------

Few days later the group is ready to go to their mission. The plan is that Skylar will go to the alley where Kaz had come across with them last time and since they seem to track the group's every move they certainly will be there. And since Skylar is alone they can't let the opportunity to go by. Once the two have arrived and are about to capture her, Oliver and Chase will go help her while Bree and Kaz are standing by incase they need help.

"Is everything clear? Mr. Davenport sent a message that the glass cage is already in place and hidden" Chase says.

"I'm still not sure about this" Oliver says nervously.

"Oliver, it will go just fine" Skylar tries to convince him but he doesn't believe it.

"No it's not. They are going to capture you and there's nothing we can do about it" Oliver stresses out.

"Have a little faith in your girl, buddy" Kaz says and hits Oliver's shoulder.

"Yeah, incase you haven't noticed, she's a badass" Bree says.

"Aww, thanks sis" Skylar says and punches Bree's stomach like she always does when she shows her love to her.

"You're welcome" Bree rasps out and tries to breath. She really hits hard.

"Okay then, let's go!" Chase orders and everyone follows him.

-----------------------------------

"How long do we have to stay here again?" Kaz whines as they are lying side by side on the roof.

"Stop whining and concentrate. I'm sure they appear soon" Bree says.

"But I'm hungry and bored" Kaz continues.

"Are you serious? You could've eaten before we left"

"Yeah, but one's is not suppose to fight with a full stomach"

"I'm pretty sure that applies to swimming"

"Maybe"

"If you are really hungry I could go and get us some milkshakes" Bree offers and looks the boy next to her.

"Really?" Kaz asks eyes full of childish joy.

"Yeah, it'll only take a second"

"Cool, I'll have a strawberry flavoured"

"Okay, one strawberry coming up" Bree says and stands up from her position and starts running. It takes only a few minutes before she's back with two milkshakes, one strawberry and one chocolate.

"Here you go" Bree says and gives Kaz his milkshake and lies down next to him once again.

"Wow, that was fast" Kaz says with amazed voice.

"Well, you know who you're talking to right?"

"Yeah, but it's still pretty impressive"

"Thanks" Bree says and she can feel her cheeks warming up a bit. They stay like that for a while, drinking their own drinks, side by side, in complete comfortable silence, just enjoying each other's company. After a while the two villains appear out of nowhere and they try to capture Skylar.

"We're going in" Chase speaks to their ear-bud "Bree and Kaz, stay where you are"

"Now this is more interesting" Kaz says and glances down where the combat is about to begin. They watch from the sidelines as their friends battle against the shapeshifters who have taken a form of something that's between a soldier and an animal.

"Well that's just creepy" Bree comments.

"Guys, we might need your help soon" Chase speaks up. They get up from the cold roof and Bree wraps her arms around Kaz's neck, since he's going to fly them down. But before he moves Bree speaks up.

"I never thanked you for saving my life the other day"

"No biggie" Kaz says casually like it's something he does every day.

"It is a big deal, so thank you" Bree says with a smile and gives him a kiss on his cheek.

"Well, if that's my reward maybe I should save you more often" He says with a grin and Bree sneers at him.

"Oh shut up" She says and rolls her eyes.

"Yes ma'am" He says before landing them down on the ground.