What's Next?

"Alice, I love you too." She whispered. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I asked, looking her straight in the eyes. "Yes." She said, smiling.
I had no words. All the oxygen was sucked out of my body, all my words locked in a box without a key. So I did one thing I could; I smiled and kissed her again. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around my shoulders, smiling into me.
I pulled away and said, "This may be the best day ever." Just then my Mom and Zeppelin burst through the door.
"We heard everything!" My Mom said, smiling, "And we think it's adorable!! I made cookies for you two and everything!" Lily's cheeks blushed and she smiled slowly. I grabbed her hand and said, "Yup, this is my girl."
Lily shot me a sideways glance that read: 'YOUR girl?'
I smiled and looked at my Mom again. Zep was standing awkwardly next to her, watching our hands together. "Uh, congrats you two. I apologize for being a dick and called you dykes." "'Tis kay, midget. 'Tis kay." I smirked.
"But if you do it again, I won't stop her from beating you up." Lily smiled innocently. Zep smiled a sad smile.
"Wassa wrong?" I asked. "Jessie and I broke up." He groaned. "Shit, how'd that happen?" I asked.
"Well, this girl named Vanessa-" "Vanessa? Honey hair, brown eyes?"
"Yeah! Anyways, she told me to tell you she was sorry about what happened and still wanted to be your friend. So I told her I'd tell her, and then she started crying. So I hugged her and she started saying gibberish, then she looked at me and said, 'I'm so happy to have a friend like you.' Then she kissed me! Of course, I tried to pull her away, but then Jessie walked in, and it looked all wrong. We were kissing, my hand was on her waist, uh. Just so wrong. Then Jessie didn't want me to explain, so she just walked away and yelled, 'We're done!' Ugh."
Vanessa was such a bitch! She ratted me out, then broke up my brother and his girlfriend. How fucked up can you be? And what the fuck did I do to tick her off? Does she even know Lily and I are together?
"I'm real sorry about that, bro. I'll talk to Vanessa."
"Please do! I don't wanna be away from her. It's killing me." Zep said, frowning. "She is love, and her waves are high and still. She is love and I believe I do believe her when she speaks." Lily sang.
"Oh ma gosh, you're girlfriend is awesome!" Zep exclaimed. "You determine this how?' Lily giggled.
"You just sang our favorite Oasis song." I smiled widely. "Really? That's my favorite Oasis song too! Do y'all like Incubus?" "Hell yes!" Zep cried. "His favorite is Are You In and mine is I Miss You." "Mine is Drive. I'm classic like that." "What about A Perfect Circle?" "Easy! Sleeping Beauty."
"No, 3 Libras!!" I cried. "Go of y'all are wrong. Blue." Mom shook her head. "3 Libras." She said. I did a happy dance with my hand still in Lily's. "Foo Fighters?" She asked, laughing. "Enough Space. You're the best I've ever seen." I said, looking into her eyes. She blushed and turned away. "Aww!" Mom and Zep said.
"All your love is making me jelly!" Zep whined. "Ugh, fine! Lemme take my girl home and I'll go talk to Jessie."
"Yay!" Zep said. My Mom's eyes widen. "Everyone has a gay moment." I said, laughing. "Not everyone." Lily said.
I leaned over and kissed her, then said, "Gay moment." Lily blushed again, Zep laughed, and Mom smirked. "Come on, let's go home." I said, pulling on her sleeve. "She groaned and got up. "Goodbye Ms. Cooper. Bye Zeppelin."
************************************************
"I wanna come with you to Jessie's place." Lily said, skating beside me.
"Okay, love." I smiled. I didn't look at her, but I could FEEL her blush.
We rolled up in front of Jessie's house and kicked our skateboard up. We rang the doorbell and Jessie's mom opened the door.
"Hello ladies! Vanessa's at the park, if you wanted to talk to her." "Oh, thanks!" I said. She smiled sweetly and closed the door.
"Off to the park! I said, smiling. Lily rolled her eyes and smiled, then shouted, "Race ya!" I gave her a 10 second d head start and pushed off, catching up to her in no time. The wind rushed through my hair, the sun beating down on my forehead.
I love skating.
I winked at Lily as I passed her by, then closed my eyes and felt myself sink into free, blissful, happiness.
*************************************************
We were in the park in about 20 minutes.
"Oh ma gosh, ice truck!" Lily said, jumping up and down. I smirked and she ran off to get one while j searched for Jessie.
It didn't take long to spot her red snapback.
She was up on a tree with someone I couldn't see. I went closer and said, "Jessie!" She turned around and so did the person sitting next to her.
Vanessa.
"Alice!" She said, jumping off the tree. I ignored her and turned to Jessie. "We need to talk about Zeppelin." I said. "It's okay, Vanessa explained everything to me. And congrats, y'all are dating."
"What? Hell no! I'm dating Lily." I said.
Vanessa grabbed my shoulder, spun me to face her, and kissed me.
It wasn't blissful. It wasn't enjoyable. It was lipstick and lips.
Yuck.
I grabbed her shoulders and pushed her away, and when I got her off, I turned, and saw Lily standing there, two ices in her hand. She looked deflated.
I turned to Vanessa in a rage and what do you know?
A smirk lay on her lipsticked lips.
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××