0.6

As Maddie and Travis continued to rush around the house Alicia, Chris and I went our separate ways beginning to scramble to find our own stuff. I ran to Nick's bedroom grabbing my bag and packing the other items that I'd scattered through his room. As I packed everything away I found one of Nick's shirts lying on the floor. I held it close to me, hugging it. It smelt like him which was an odd spicy cinnamon smell. I quickly tucked it into my bag for safe keeping.

As I walked through the hallway of the house I cornered Maddie, as much as I despised her and to talk to her.

"We are getting Nick aren't we?" I asked in a sharp tone while boring holes into her face with my stare. I could feel her own sadness and determination radiating off of her and spreading throughout my own presence.

"Yes we are. We are getting Nick and Eliza and getting as far away from everything as we can. I promise." She said as she looked me straight in the eye. It was as if she was staring into my soul.

"Okay. Good. When are we leaving?" I asked, lost for words as I looked down at my shoes.

"As soon as you're ready. Which means now." She said as she grabbed one last bag. We both walked through the house until we got outside where we were greeted by Travis. Alicia and Chris were already waiting in the car while the Salazar family were also waiting packed into another car. I pushed my stuff into the car where Alicia and Chris were and hopped in the back with them.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

I had no clue what the plan was all I knew was that we were going to get Nick and Eliza. We arrived at the compound in the underfround parking. There were a few cars scattered around the place which made it hard to get in.

"Okay Chris. If we don't get back in time or something happens I want you to take the car and get the girls out of here." Travis said to his son as everyone was prepping to leave.

"Woah woah woah. I don't know how to drive dad. And I-I'm not leaving here without you and mum!" Chris said as a wave of fear washed over his face.

"Alicia's had lessons. She can drive." Maddie said to Travis as they shared a knowing look. Travis nodded and hugged his son while Maddie hugged Alicia.

"You guys aren't going in there without me. I'm coming too. I want to help you guys find Nick." I said as I approached the group.

"No! You're staying here! I'm not going to lose you too! Absolutely not." Chris piped up as he looked petrified at the thought of me going inside to risk my life for Nick.

"Chris is right. I know you want to help, but it's for the best if you stayed here. I'm not gonna let you die in there. Stay here where you're safe." Travis said as Maddie and him were already headed towards the door. Chris moved to the passenger seat as Alicia gently grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the car. I opened the car door and sat in the back while Alicia was in the drivers seat.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Half an hour had passed and Alicia was asleep. Clearly the day's events had caught up on her. Chris was jigging his leg as he looked deep in thought. I looked around the parking lot from the back seat wondering what happened to all the people who owned the cars that were left here.

"Lilly. We should talk." Chris suddenly said breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him through the rear view mirror to find that he was already staring at me.

"It's okay Chris. We're fine. I get what happened the other day was an accident." I said calmly as I looked at him while he rolled his eyes.

"No It wasn't. If you'd stayed long enough I would've told you the truth. That I-I really like you and that I'd wanted to kiss you since I first saw you." He said as he made random hand gestures. I could tell he was nervous.

"Chris that's really sweet and all, but I'm with Nick now..." I said sadly to him. As I said those few words, it felt wrong. I felt dizzy and kinda sick rejecting him. My body was disagreeing with me.

"You shouldn't be with him! You should be with me! I know you better. He will destroy you! You're not right for eachother!" Chris raised his voice as he looked angered and frustrated. I didn't know what to say. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I sat back into my seat and tried to ignore the tension that had built up in the car. I felt like I was about to have a panic attack. My hands were shaking and my heart beat was increasing. The air felt toxic as I tried to inhale fresh air.

Suddenly there was a knock on the car door which made Alicia jump in her seat after being startled awake. Four soldiers stood there and motioned for us to get out. My anxiety spiked even more as I began to feel overwhelmed. All three of us got out of the car and approached the soldiers.

"Is there a problem?" Alicia asked as she stood in front of the soldiers with Chris and I behind her.

"Yeah. We need your car." One of the soldiers spoke up as he looked Alicia and I up and down and then proceeded to size Chris up.

"Yeah well you're not getting it. This is our car. We're waiting on a few people. Find another car." I said as my body was bursting with adrenaline. I stepped forward next to Alicia as one of the men in front of us gripped hold of her arm pulling her forward.

"You two could come with us..." the one who had a hold of Alicia said as a creepy grin covered his face.

"Hey! Get your hands off of her!" I said as I stomped forward towards the soldier. I balled my hand into a fist and sent it straight forward into his jaw. Self defence classes really did pay off. I was a little too late though as the guy looked like he was made of muscle. He'd let go of Alicia as his fist collided with my face and my vision went black as I hit the ground.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

Hey guys! Chapter 6! I'm so sorry for the long wait. For a long time I wasn't abled to get the final episode of the season so I was unsure of where to go with the rest of this book. I finally got a hold of it and finished the season! Wooh! So I will upload the next chapter fairly soon hopefully. And Season 2 starts this month? Excited as hell! What does everybody think of this chapter? Comment, follow and vote guys!
Much love
Courtney xx