Determination?

Max P.O.V

"We're over." Click. I hung up immediately. I stared at the phone like it was an evil device sent from hell.

What have I done? I kept asking myself. I had no idea how I was going to fix this. I didn't even give her an explanation! All because of the jealousy I have for Cain, from even just hearing his name made me break up with the only girl I could ever love.

Sadness fell over me and I couldn't help but cry for the first time since my parents died.

I felt grief, lost and a major heartbreak. I couldn't believe what I had just done.

All I wanted to do was call back and apologize and beg for her to take me back. But I knew she'd feel terrible right now, I just broke her heart with no reasons what's so over. Tim sat on his bed, watching me cry, not knowing what to do. I straightened myself up and pulled myself together. I'm a 21 year old man for crying out loud. I shouldn't be crying over a sixteen year old.

Who am I kidding? I just lost my heart.

"You gonna tell me what you were thinking breaking up with her when you obviously still love her so much?" Tim finally spoke up.

"I've made a mistake." I choked out. " I just wanted to talk to her, she wasn't answering her phone, when she finally does, she tells me Cain came over and I cut her off. Just hearing Cain's name made me so jealous, I was mad. Really mad and I lost control. I broke up with her." I sad barely audible and mostly to myself.

"Maybe you should call her back and tell her that." Tim spoke up again.

I snapped my head up and stared at him, he had a point. But I knew deep down inside, she wouldn't answer even if I called. I'm sure she's upset and hurting and Cain is probably comforting her.

That made me upset once more. I just broke up with her and gave Cain full access to her. 

"Maybe we should go out tonight, just get your head off of her tonight." Tim tells me.

He has a point, but I wanted wallow in my self pity, knowing I have no be to blame but myself for what I did.

"Come on dude, get dressed. Nate's throwing a party anyway. Tina's going to be there too." Tim says.

I don't know why he always thought I sort of liked his sister. Yeah she's pretty and all but she doesn't just do it for me. The only girl I'll ever love is Carla.

"I don't know man.." I speak up after a while.

"I'm not taking no for an answer, get you're ass up and get dressed, we're going." He said using is commander voice.

 Guess there's no way out of this one I muttered to myself. 

I walked slowly over to my closet and picked up random stuff I saw. I threw on a black fitted polo shirt and some casual jeans. I don't feel like getting all dressed up today. Black describes my mood tonight.

Tim wore his I-got-it-big ladies T-shirt and some black designer jeans. Don't ask me the brand, I'm not into that crap.

"Wow dude, you don't look like you were ever fat! I mean 'chubby', a few more days and you'll look like a body builder!" Tim exclaimed when he finally looked at me.

I smiled smugly and flexed my muscles and he let out a girl scream, jumping up and down like a teenage girl. That lifted my mood a little.  

We locked up and made our way towards his truck. Once inside, I pulled out my phone and looked at it, half hoping Carla would text me but why would she?

I signed once more, my depressed state returning.

Nate is my other best friend, he's more sensitive then Tim and relates more to me then him. We both don't come from money, and work our asses off to pay for college and stuff. Nate's parents aren't dead though, they abandoned him with his grandparents and fled when he was 12. But he's a happy kid underneath it all. His grandparents love him.

We pulled up to Nate's dorm and made our way inside, it wasn't very far from ours so it was like a five minute drive, 10 if we're walking. The party was on full swing and it looked like everyone was having a great time. We headed to the kitchen to get a drink and instantly met up with Nate. 

"This fool broke up with Carla." Tim pointed to me.

Nate looked up from whatever he was mixing and fixed his eyes on me, completely in shock. He frowned after a while. At this point, Tim was already mingling with friends and flirting with girls.

Nate grabbed two beers from the freezer and we made our way to his porch. We sat there not saying anything but after a while I finally spoke up.

"It was a mistake." 

Nate nodded. I took that as a sign to go on.

"I had a rough day today, when I got out of work I called her. Several times actually, left some texts and a few voicemails. I gave up when I didn't get any answered and went back the dorm."

I sighed before continuing.

"I called back after an hour and she picked up. When she did she said she was with Cain because her phone was on silent through out the day, he came and made sure she was okay or something. That's all it took for me to snap. I got really angry and jealous and I told her it was over. Just like that and I hung up. I feel terrible. And I regret it."

Nate looked at me sadly for a while before speaking up.

"That was stupid of you, she probably won't talk to you for a while so you might wait a few days before contacting her again, when you do. You need to explain to her that you were jealous and everything you just told me."

I drank some of my beer before he continued.

"If she loves you as much as I think she does, she'll forgive you. No doubt about it."

He had a point. Maybe I might have another chance after all. I grinned happily and got on my knees in front of him.

"I might as well date you Mr. Sensitive, you're awesome bro, won't you give me a chance?" I playfully asked.

"Nah bro, you don't do it for me." He kicked me and I fell, not knowing he would do that. We started running around like idiots when he finally gave up. I tackled him to the ground and playfully punched him.

"Well, well,well I always knew you had a thing for guys X, but Nate? Really?" Tina yelled making me realize the position we were in. We stood up and I glared at her.

"So what if I like Nate, he's SO cute!" I said in my best girly voice.

All three of started laughing when Tim walked over, looking at the three of us awkwardly.

"What did I miss? And thank goodness for the good old X, I was about to call Carla myself and beg her to take you back!" Tim exclaimed.

"Beg to take you back? What happened with you two?" Tina spoke up before I could answer. I don't know but when I looked at her, she seemed sort of... Happy? No, maybe I'm just seeing things.

"I broke up with her but hopefully everything will get better with us in a few days." I told her, eyeing her closely. 

She didn't notice but looked sad for a second before she masked it up again and smiled. "Let's hope it does." 

"Now lets forget about relationships and PARTAAAAAAYY!" Tim yelled loudly and handed us all more beers.

Tonight might not be so bad after all , I smiled to myself. I'm willing to wait a couple days to patch things up again with the love of my life. 

I'll get get her back....