Chapter 1

So, I've decided to keep the original name of this story, but the plot is going to change from the show here on out. I thought about changing the name, but I like it and the story will still have a few of the same ideas. I've just changed the plot a bit. I hope you enjoy this chapter :) Please excuse typos! If you have any questions about this type of vampire, don't be afraid to ask! 

Song: Love Can Wait by Cameron Mitchell 

~Carly <3

Victoria’s POV

I hastily picked up the silver pieces that had cause him so much harm and perched them on my lap.

“I’m not a complete idiot,” I smiled at him. “You wouldn’t touch me.”

Louis was suddenly in my personal space again, staring me down. “What are you?”

“I’m human,” I frowned. “Why?”

“You don’t smell like any other human I’ve ever met,” he sighed, inhaling deeply.

My eyes drifted to the bags of blood on the forest floor. “What are we gonna do with those?”

His eyes narrowed. “You could sell them.”

“I don’t want to make money off vampire blood,” I insisted.

“You’re definitely different Miss-”

“Hayes,” I finished. “Victoria Hayes; but you can call me Tori.”

Louis stood up and straightened out his leather jacket before offering me a hand. He pulled me to my feet and I thanked him quietly.

“I should get back to work,” I murmured. “I’ll see you around.”

“Goodbye Tori,” he was gone in a flash.

*-----------------------------------*

Work was quiet and calm the next night as I tried to spot the mysterious vampire again. Only a few customers came in and sat at the bar.

When Louis was a no show by the end of my shift, I hung up my apron and walked to my car. My tired fingers dropped the keys to my car while trying to unlock it and I cursed to myself.

A pair of hands beat me to pick them up and I came face to face with Louis Tomlinson.

“Tori,” he smirked. “You shouldn’t be out so late by yourself.”

“I can take care of myself, thank you very much,” I rolled my eyes.

Louis chuckled beside me.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

His blues eyes sparkled with amusement. “It’s nothing; I’ve just never met someone brave enough to mouth off to a vampire.”

“I thought you all just wanted to be treated normally,” I smiled.

“Fair enough,” he grinned, leaning up against my car. “How old are you?”

“18,” I relaxed next to him. “You?”

“25,” he shrugged.

“Yeah right,” I giggled. “I want your real age.”

“I’m 460 years old,” he eyed me warily.

“Interesting,” I tried to look nonchalant.

460 years old?!

“So, why are you still in this boring town if you’re 18?” he scanned the trees.