Courage

Do you have low confidence? Maybe sometimes. Have you ever tried speaking in front of a huge crowd of people or maybe just a small crowd of people? What would you feel? Why did you feel that way? What did you do to overcome those feelings?

          Actually, most people would say that it's fear. I would certainly agree to that. Even myself would feel that way. Who would never feel nervous when talking in front of a group of people? I guess no one, right? But why do we fear "fear" itself?  Even my own self can't explain why I fear "fear". But evetually, I became used to it. I wonder why.

          I actually had an experience when I was in Grade-6. As the valedictorian of our school, it was a must for me to give a speech. I was really nervous at that time since it was my first time to give a speech in front of a coward. Well, that was 3 years ago, and a lot of things had changed.

           Before I didn't have much confidence to speak up but as of now I can say that I am improving a bit. I am sure that I can't completely eradicate fear from my heart especially when it comes to public speaking. But at the very least, I was able to lessen it.

            At this moment, I understand now why I am improving. It is mainly because of my newly-found friends. They are quite different from my other friends. They make me believe in my own ability to achieve my goals. They make me realize that I shouldn't conceal my talents. since I believed them, I gather up all of my courage to ease this shyness in me. Praise the Lord! It works.

            You know what? I'm glad that we have lots and different kinds of fears because we learned how to be courageous enough  to face our problems and to believe more in oneself. With the help of those people around us, we are able to overcome our fears little by little. And who knows? We might be able to find treasures that might change our lives and become a better person.