Pierino. Of course. She thought suddenly, her heart budding with affection for though Dorian was at sea and at greater risk than she, he still thought of her wellbeing and that notion brought comfort.

            After Lucile left the room, Ginelle arose from bed, her hand still cradling the beautiful small flower symbolizing Dorian’s absence, and for a time she kept that flower in her palm as she stared out the window.

            Belle appeared a short time later and assisted Ginelle with her bath. She donned a beautiful gown of peach, the dress emphasizing the tininess of her waist and the fullness of her breasts with a white sash along her midriff and adorning lace sleeves.

            Belle situated her blond tresses at the nape of her neck, binding the silver mane with a matching peach ribbon.

            She peered at her reflection and found that the lovely image did not reflect the saddened heart within. She could only hope that Lady Ellison could somewhat appease her melancholy.

            It was a short time later when a servant informed Ginelle that the Duchess had arrived. As she ascended the stairs, she was taken aback by the sudden nauseated ache within her stomach and the thought of food seemed to deepen her nausea.  

            Inhaling deeply to abide her queasy belly, she made her way outside to greet Lady Ellison. For a moment she felt slightly nervous at seeing the Duchess again but remembering how much she had seemingly enjoyed her company at the banquet, a bit of her discomfort eased.

            The coachman assisted Lady Ellison from the carriage and immediately the sun encompassed her flowing, black hair. She had chosen a vibrant gown of green, very much in striking resemblance to her startling green eyes as they glinted with mirth as they settled on Ginelle. 

            The two women grasped each other’s extended hands and pressed a kiss on each adorning cheek. “I heard you were not feeling well?” The Duchess asked softly, her green eyes moving genuinely over Ginelle’s pale face.

            She nodded with a soft smile, “It is nothing, I promise. I pray that it is not much of an inconvenience, your grace?”

            The Duchess laughed sweetly, “Nonsense!” her green eyes glinted with a smile, “And please, call me Ellison. We are friends are we not?”

            Despite her unhappiness, she smiled wholeheartedly. She had not many friends so having a companion in Lady Ellison was greatly appreciative. “Would you care for some tea in the garden?”

            Ellison nodded eagerly, “That would be lovely.”

            The midday sun accentuated the exceptional day, shimmering beautifully along the flourishing garden of kaleidoscopic colors. A brisk autumn breeze caressed the hair at her nape and despite the high sun; she shivered at the sudden cool air skimming lightly along her skin.