“Why don’t you wear that black dress, then you’ll look like both a prude and like you could go to a funeral straight after”. Echo offered in a snappy bitchy whine that made Freya smile.

They were all gathered in the entertaining section of her quarters, Tristan, Sel and Sebastian were sprawled across the plump couch. Sel and Sebastian split their time ogling the hairdresser putting up Freya’s hair or trying on her clothes with Luis, while Tristan sat watching everything with a huge smile on his face that hadn’t budged all day.

“Thank god you’re coming to the Maldives with us tomorrow, you’ll miss the pap’s and all the drama, I swear if one more of those evil sweating little gremlins tries to take a shot up my skirt I’m getting a sex change”. Echo said with a grimace making everyone in the room laugh, even Jess the hairdresser could be heard snickering behind Freya’s head.

There was a lull in conversation while Freya breathed shallowly, feeling her lungs get tighter as she thought of the conference room full with people and cameras already.

“So you any closer to defrosting the Ice-Queen yet?” Sel asked with a sly twang to his voice making Sebastian sigh loudly.

“How many times Selwyn. Amelia is like a fine wine, you let it age, blossom and prosper. And then you go and take its innocence like a Pro”. Sebastian said straightening the collar of his black shirt, like always he wore black on black, a colour that did nothing but accentuate the sultry dark honey good looks.

“You disgust me, if you weren’t so pretty you would have nothing to offer”. Freya snapped, sick of hearing about Sebastian’s sex drive and the poor girls he did the hump and dump move on.

Suddenly the room went quiet Sebastian glared at Freya for a moment before laughing loudly. “I do love your feistiness; it makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. Like food poisoning”. He said smiling wryly.

The knock at the door put a stop to the conversation in all its glory, it opened to reveal a smartly dressed Harry, the headpiece in his ear thrumming with nervous and anxious interns buzzing around the press release.

“It’s time Freya”. He said smiling tightly showing how the stress was getting to him. She nodded getting up from the chair, grabbing the black dress from Echo’s open hands and running to the bathroom to get changed.

She was like an Ice princess in the black dress, her golden hair glimmered and glistened like strands of ice against the harsh black of the dress, her silver eyes wide and hauntingly beautiful.

Then and there, Tristan swore he had never seen something as unbelievably beautiful as the sight of her when she returned. Her hair was pinned up so only wavy wisps trailed about her face, her slender body filling the dress like it was a mould.

She was perfection.

“We would like to carry on as normal despite this traumatic revelation, we ask you to respect our privacy and allow us to come to terms with what has happened”. Jamie said into the microphone Freya surveyed the crowd, hearing effeminate sighs when Jamie came into view, some female reporters forgetting to take notes while they stared at him.

‘He only has eyes for Tess’; Freya wanted to shout at them, to shake them out of the spell and to leave them alone. But she knew they wouldn’t, they were too beautiful, too kind and too easy to want to know about. ‘I want to find a love like that one day’ she thought to herself watching how underneath the table in front of them, Jamie slowly caressed Tess’s hand, like it was made of precious glass.